Mechanical Engineering Intern
- 407 W Vine St, Hatfield, PA 19440, USA
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Brooks Instrument, a global manufacturer of flow and pressure measurement and control products for critical applications, and a division of ITW (A Fortune 200 Company) is seeking candidates for Mechanical Engineering Interns. This position will be based out of our headquarters facility in Hatfield, PA (Suburban Philadelphia). In addition to our Pennsylvania operations, Brooks maintains manufacturing locations in, Hungary, and Korea. The Company also maintains sales offices throughout the world. Our products are used in laboratory and process applications in end markets such as: life sciences, chemicals, semiconductor, analytical instruments, nuclear, and solar cells.
Perform a variety of operational and developmental activities in the technology center. Design, build, automate, document, and present test plans and reports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
*Marginal position functions that are not included among the essential duties and responsibilities in this position description are also requirements of this position.
- Assist with the design and build of molded, welded, etched, stamped, machined, and extruded components.
- Develop and/or interpret complex 3D CAD drawings in SolidWorks or other CAD packages.
- Develop mechanical product designs and processes for flow control devices.
- Design verification and validation testing of new designs.
- Gain valuable front-line leadership skills and experience working in an engineering development environment.
- Assist in inventorying lab equipment and general lab clean up.
- Work with Engineering and other departments to successfully introduce new products or changes to existing products into production.
- Communicate with Executives, Managers and co-workers in formal and informal settings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
- High School Graduate
- Completed at least 2 years of college with a curriculum focused in Mechanical Engineering.
- Basic understanding of fluid dynamics.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Experience in mechanical design a plus.
- Experience in flow component/instrumentation design a plus.
- Must be a highly motivated self starter with a high degree of initiative, creativity, and problem-solving ability.
- Ability to read and understand detailed technical drawings and specifications required.
- Multi-tasking with a detail orientation and commitment to accountability in a fast-paced environment.
The opportunity to join a well established (70 + years in business) yet dynamically changing organization that works together as a team to meet the challenges of satisfying customers’ needs and managing rapid growth to better compete in a global marketplace.
ITW Company Overview
ITW was built on innovation and the strength of new ideas. These values have helped us expand into multiple platforms in nearly 60 countries. But at each of our businesses, the independent entrepreneurial spirit and freedom to innovate remain strong. It’s the highly talented people at ITW businesses all over the world who drive our success through new products and customer driven solutions. Together, we are ITW—a Fortune 200 company that has prospered for 100 years, and changed the way people live and work, all over the world.
Please visit our website: http://www.brooksinstrument.com/
Brooks Instrument is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without required to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.