- 4471 Walden Ave, Lancaster, NY 14086, USA
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Packaging Shipping Clerk is responsible for efficiently and accurately packing customer orders while maintaining quality and speed to ensure customer order is processed in a timely and secure manner. The shipping clerk with cross train with various production departments.
- Work from shipping and/or receiving orders and instructions
- Receive incoming freight, UPS, Fed-Ex deliveries and distribute appropriately along with intercompany mail
- Operate Order Pickers - Pull production product & prepare shipments per customer instructions – address labeling, scan & shrink wrap
- Data Entry – CMI, Excel and Word
- Maintain shipping/receiving records
- Preparing Bills of Lading
- Interaction with customers – air shipments and coordinating shipments with freight companies
- Assist with year-end physical inventory and tagging
- May maintain sample parts inventory, box part collection, and intercompany shipments
- Promptly identify all non-ITW personnel, i.e. truck drivers and vendors
- Will help in Etching department or Sheet and Die department as needed
- Other tasks and duties as assigned
Position Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Position requires 10% sedentary – 90% Warehouse
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Computer experience in Microsoft (Word and Excel)
- Ability to keep accurate records
- Proven communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work effectively in participative management environment as well as ability to work with little or no supervision
- Ability to operate fork truck, hand and power lift equipment
- Ability to lift up to 55 lbs. – 20% required
- Previous shipping and/or computer experience preferred
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.