Junior Copy Writer
- 1000 N Armstrong Dr, Fairmont, MN 56031, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- FLSA Status: Exempt
Avery Weigh-Tronix is one of the world’s largest manufacturers and suppliers of weighing equipment and solutions. With wholly owned businesses in nine countries, and partners in more than 70 others, we are truly a global player with a range and expertise that is second to none.
With its North American headquarters, R&D and manufacturing base in Minnesota, Avery Weigh-Tronix has a presence across the whole of the United States. Our established network of distributors and dealers undergo extensive product training to provide you with a trustworthy and knowledgeable source for all of your weighing requirements.
About the Opportunity:
ITW Avery Weigh-Tronix is looking for a Marketing Technical Writer who is detail-oriented and driven to create and edit compelling, user friendly content and documentation to communicate our various products. This role will also be responsible for the creation of the company’s promotional materials and marketing publications. This role will collaborate with the marketing team and product managers to research, plan and create benefit driven product messaging, support documentation and release notes, write website and email copy, and develop demonstration videos for new products and features.
· Write user-focused support documentation and product release notes for relevant web pages, emails, social media and marketing materials
· Create promotional text for online ads, banners, brochures and social networks
· Assist with crafting benefit-driven product messaging for brochures, email marketing, product descriptions, web or sales slides and assist with strategy and content
· Write demo scripts and record demo videos to highlight new product features
· Organize and maintain technical documentation and videos
· Conduct basic keyword research
· Attend meetings and preform internal team interviews with various team members to remain updated on marketing initiatives, product releases and new features
· Develop video content and video production for relevant projects
· Implement SEO practices
· Provide review and proof-reading support for internal and external documents to ensure consistency and accuracy
· Support marketing and engineering teams in other content development tasks as needed
· May require flexibility to work outside normal business hours to support deadlines, customer expectations, and/or provide surge capacity
Skills and Qualifications Needed:
· BS in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or other relevant degree or equivalent work experience
· FrameMaker expertise
· Adobe Suites experience
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with superb spelling and grammar and ability to interact effectively with internal and external customers
· Experience in content strategy and product design
· Superior organizational and time management abilities
· Superior communication and relationship building skills
· Self-motivation to identify content opportunities and drive projects to completion
· Ability to prioritize and complete work independently with minimal supervision and/or direction
· Conscientiousness as well as high personal and professional integrity
· In-depth research, analytical and learning skills
It is the policy of Avery Weigh-Tronix to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Avery Weigh-Tronix will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.