Associate Product Manager
- 41 Waukegan Rd, Lake Bluff, IL 60044, USA
- FLSA Status: Exempt
Buehler, a division of Illinois Tool Works, is a leading manufacturer of scientific equipment and supplies for use in material analysis. Over the past 80+ years, Buehler has established sales, manufacturing and laboratory services located throughout North America, Europe and Asia. Comprised of world-class products and brands, such as Wilson Hardness, Buehler continues a long history of providing market-leading technology to support our customers in their sample preparation and material analysis applications.
Buehler’s parent company, ITW, is a global diversified industrial manufacturer of value-added consumables and specialty equipment with related service businesses. The Company focuses on profitable growth with strong returns across worldwide platforms and businesses. The businesses serve local customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets
This key position will be working with the product management team to profitably grow a product portfolio by driving marketing strategies and tactical action plans. This key position is focused on effectively utilizing ITW’s Toolbox of core business philosophies to manage the lifecycle of multiple product lines, lead business growth initiatives, and champion new product development. The Associate Product Manager will collaborate with Marketing to develop lead generation tools, programs, and campaigns and with Global Sales Teams to develop and support local growth strategies.
- Manage a portfolio of products through the development, commercialization, growth, maintenance, and obsolescence stages
- Develop knowledge and expertise on the market needs, technology developments, field sales information, competitive analysis, and voice of customer (VOC) data
- Ensure products are market priced throughout global sales channels
- Offer professional support and training to customers, distributors, and sales team members via email, phone, and in-person visits. Work closely with Lab and Sales globally to coordinate on-site training sessions. Assist in the creation and facilitation of seminars, workshops, and exhibitions
- Lead product line simplification (PLS) rationalization efforts to maximize product line efficiency
- Analyze and communicate sales and earnings trends for given product lines through the use of dashboards and tracking reports
- Manage an innovation pipeline that supports Buehler’s business strategies.
- Support the creation of Product Requirements & Specifications (PRS) that define the market need, potential, and differentiation of the new product. Include business justification, product positioning, value proposition, risk assessment, and competitive analysis
- Partner with engineering to champion new product development (NPD) projects through a stage gate process
- Lead new product rollout efforts including forecasting volumes, designing market tests, promotional materials and sales channel training
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or related field
- 1-3 years of related work experience in a technology-based field. Previous experience with industrial or scientific equipment, materials development or a related technical industry is a plus
- The ability to identify and understand market segmentation, to develop financial business justification, and to deliver proposals to upper management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An aptitude to effectively communicate and champion product developments among a multi-functional and international team
- Capable of effectively managing priorities and time when provided multiple projects, of varying magnitude, with firm delivery dates
- Ability to demonstrate products & train others
- Up to 20% domestic or international travel
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.