Equipment/Accessories Product Manager
- 155 Harlem Ave, Glenview, IL 60025, USA
- FLSA Status: Exempt
Magnaflux, a division of Illinois Tool Works (Fortune 250), is a leading worldwide supplier of magnetic particle, dye penetrant inspection equipment and associated chemical products used for applications within the Aerospace, Automotive, Oil & Gas and Energy markets.
With over 85 years in the industry, Magnaflux offers employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package, including medical, dental and life insurance, 401(k) with immediate company match, and much more!
The Equipment/Accessories Product Manager is a key position within the Product Marketing Team at Magnaflux (a division of ITW). This position leverages first-hand understanding of customer needs, product and applications expertise, excellent communication skills, and leadership instincts to drive product development activities and decisions that maintains the position of Magnaflux in the market as a premium supplier of NDT products.
The primary responsibilities of the Equipment/Accessories Product Manager include working closely with cross functional teams throughout the product development process, supporting custom equipment sales, and developing and implementing marketing plans to meet revenue and profit targets for the product lines defined. This is achieved through customer and applications understanding via personal NDT experience and voice of the customer research. The Equipment/Accessories Product Manager is also responsible for providing regular communication, support, and training to sales and service teams/distributors.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
· Manage the equipment/accessories product lines
· Operate as the internal voice of our customers across development teams, (primarily Engineering and Marketing) through an understanding of market requirements, product definition, training and launch activities.
· Establish product requirements that ensure a strong and clear value proposition for the product by 80 customer segments.
· Coordinate and participate in on-going Innovation/VOC exercises. Combine this information with a business case analysis to define product or business requirements.
· Develop core messaging and positioning for the defined product lines
· Work with the Marketing Team to create and maintain marketing plans, advertising, and sales tools including brochures, product descriptions, application notes, web content, etc.
· Support pricing and general sales policies for the product lines
· Provide and analyze data on product volume and customer marketing information.
· Execute the product life cycle plan and assist with the communication and setting of expectations with customers.
· Manage custom equipment sales based on business priorities and target markets.
· Interface with internal departments including R&D, engineering, sales, marketing and support teams to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are achieved.
· Leverage aspects of the ITW Business Model – 80/20, USa, PLS and cost savings – in all aspects of product management and decision making
· Additional duties and tasks as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
· Must possess excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
· The ability and willingness to make decisions regarding all aspects of the product line.
· Must have a strong understanding and appreciation for capital equipment, software development and product testing.
· This knowledge level is acquired via completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in a related technical field and/or Engineering as well as 3-5 years of marketing, product management and/or sales experience in a manufacturing company environment. Advanced technical or business-related degree an advantage.
· Must have an understanding of, or experience in, industrial sales, preferably with experience in B2B equipment sales.
· Must have a passion for technology and innovation.
· Must have a good working understanding of selling and marketing in a global environment.
· Strong attention to detail and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities independently.
· Proficient in MS Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
· Daily interactions with a dynamic, enthusiastic, and diverse Divisional Product Team.
· Traditional office environment.
· Ability to travel up to 20% required both domestically and internationally. Additional travel may be required depending on product lifecycle and business requirements. Travel amounts will vary depending on where the product is in the life cycle, but could involve anything from day trips to 10-day international excursions.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ITW is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes. To be considered an applicant, please apply online to a specific job posting.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please click here for information on how to contact us directly.