Material Handler - 1st Shift
- 10818 N 2nd St, Machesney Park, IL 61115, USA
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
ITW Shakeproof, a division of Illinois Tool Works Inc., serves major automotive OEMs and their tier suppliers with metal, cold-headed fasteners totaling approximately $160m in revenue. In addition to ITW’s industry leading research and development capabilities, ITW Shakeproof enhances our customers’ competitive advantage by:
· Maintaining advanced engineering and manufacturing facilities in North America.
· Exchanging product, process, and benchmarking information with sister units worldwide.
· Continually improving processes, material, and designs to ensure every product exceeds customer specifications while providing unparalleled value.
ITW offers its employees a path for advancement, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package designed to help employees care for themselves, their families, and their futures.
· Move raw material (wire and components) to machines as needed.
· Reads Work Orders, and/or follows verbal instructions to move the correct materials to the appropriate locations and machines.
· Move and weigh up product from machines to staging and shipping areas.
· Move raw material to designated location in facility.
· Organize empty tubs and wire carriers into cargo boxes.
· Occasionally unload and load trucks.
· Sign packages and bring to proper locations.
· Occasionally perform light maintenance to help maintenance department.
· Drives a variety of forklift trucks to move materials within the facility.
· Complies with safety and quality rules and policies.
· Support department efforts to maintain a clean work area, machines, and equipment.
· Assist machine operators as needed.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· High School diploma or the equivalent technical training required.
· 1-2+ years’ experience driving different types of forklifts required; able to obtain fork truck certification through ITW Shakeproof to operate sit-down LP forklift.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
· Knowledge and basic computer operation ability.
· Must have good mathematical skills.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating, and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
· Ability to complete routine production and quality reports.
· Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
· Understanding and compliance with safety rules and regulations.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to multi-task.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.