Inside Sales Service Representative
- 41 Waukegan Rd, Lake Bluff, IL 60044, USA
- FLSA Status: Exempt
Buehler, a division of Illinois Tool Works, is a leading manufacturer of scientific equipment and supplies for use in material analysis. Over the past 80+ years, Buehler has established sales, manufacturing and laboratory services located throughout North America, Europe and Asia. Comprised of world-class products and brands, such as Wilson Hardness, Buehler continues a long history of providing market-leading technology to support our customers in their sample preparation and material analysis applications.
Buehler’s parent company, ITW, is a global diversified industrial manufacturer of value-added consumables and specialty equipment with related service businesses. The Company focuses on profitable growth with strong returns across worldwide platforms and businesses. The businesses serve local customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets.
For the Service Sales Representative position we are looking for an innovative sales leader to become a bridge between our sales and service teams. This “hunter” sales position will drive to increase service revenue through preventative maintenance contracts and calibration services. Apply now for an opportunity to join a dynamic, growth-oriented company within the ITW Family.
- Work closely with the territory sales team to drive recurring revenue through annual service plans and calibration services. Given the nature of preventative maintenance plans focus will likely be in key high-volume, quality critical industries including automotive, aerospace, heat treat, electronics, in the quality control sector
- Train with the service team to master products and services to be able to sell
- Reviews open service quotes, gather service win/loss info
- Implements and manages the service to sales lead program
- Attend weekly meetings with the direct manager either via telephone or in-person and keep the direct manager informed of territory, orders, and any business challenges
- Manage sales pipeline, track customer contacts, and account details including previously quoted service contracts through Buehler Navision System,
- Identify and build relationships with key decision-makers by working closely with the Sales and Service teams
- Plan daily activity including customer calls, creating a time-efficient plan
- Organize own work routine with guidance as provided by sales leadership
- Service sales representatives are expected to learn how to set up, install and be knowledgeable enough to instruct the customer on basic operations and functions on most Buehler equipment
- Assist the marketing team with literature and promotions to drive sales via creative plans
- 1-3 years previous experience in a sales role preferred
- Business, or STEM degree preferred
- Willing to make outbound calls and e-mails
- Strong customer service mindse
- Technical or engineering background preferred
- Prominent organization and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task a high volume of projects at one time
- Works independently as a self-starter, successful at prioritizing and staying focused on task
- Decision-making, problem resolution and creative thinking skills
- Proficient level of competency in using Microsoft Applications such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and general PC knowledge
- Sales training preferred
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.