Welder- Second Shift
- 1000 N Armstrong Dr, Fairmont, MN 56031, USA
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Avery Weigh-Tronix is one of the world’s largest manufacturers and suppliers of weighing equipment and solutions. With wholly owned businesses in nine countries, and partners in more than 70 others, we are truly a global player with a range and expertise that is second to none.
With its North American headquarters, R&D and manufacturing base in Minnesota, Avery Weigh-Tronix has a presence across the whole of the United States. Our established network of distributors and dealers undergo extensive product training to provide you with a trustworthy and knowledgeable source for all of your weighing requirements.
Job Summary: Responsible for the welding jobs assigned to, work on making a quality product, meet company deadlines, work toward standards of job assignments and work in clean safe manner.
· Set up and operate welding machines with wire welder, welding various thickness’s and types of steel
· Operate various machines/tools including L-tech welder, overhead hoist, grinders, buffers, and shot/sand blasters.
· Read blueprints and weld according to specifications
· Build parts according to order specifications
· Ensure proper clamping of welded structures to eliminate warping
· Operate various tools including hand held plasma torch, cutting torch and stud & spot welders
· Maintain welding equipment and tools
· Proper use of paper work assignments
· Meet objectives outlined in the Safety Policy
Knowledge: Basic computer knowledge. Basic knowledge of welding techniques preferred.
Skills: Strong attention to detail, ability to follow directions, quality orientated, ability to operate hand tools, strong interpersonal skills, basic reading and writing skills, good time management skills, ability to operate and maintain light machinery, hoists and lifting devices
Abilities: Strong understanding of complete welding fabrication of major assemblies and proper clamping of welded structures. Ability to accept and follow instructions for work priorities and work methods. Strong work ethic and self-motivation with minimal supervision. Ability to show flexibility with various work assignments. Must be able to work in a team environment as a positive contributor.
Education: High school graduate or equivalent.
It is the policy of Avery Weigh-Tronix to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Avery Weigh-Tronix will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.