Technical Writer/Translation Coordinator
- 1635 W Spencer St, Appleton, WI 54914, USA
- FLSA Status: Exempt
Miller® is about building things that matter. We lead the welding industry in building advanced, solution-focused products and meeting crucial needs for welding safety and health.
We’re about the partnership and the work. Our products are designed with our users for manufacturing, fabrication, construction, aviation, motorsports, education, agriculture and marine applications.
Miller Electric Mfg. LLC, is headquartered in Appleton, Wisconsin, and wholly owned by Illinois Tool Works (NYSE: ITW). The company maintains its industry leadership by setting the standard for reliability, quality and responsiveness. Our tagline, “The Power of Blue®,” is inspired by the blue color of Miller equipment.
The company began with an innovation that responded to customer needs, growing from a one-man operation in 1929, to the world’s largest manufacturer of arc welding products. Miller keeps the tradition alive by focusing on its top priority: people.
Develop support documentation to enable customers to use products safely and effectively.
Coordinate translations of product support and marketing documentation. Assemble and publish completed documents to support international customers.
Work with business units and vendors to create and maintain accurate and effective Owner's Manuals, Technical Manuals, Field Instructions, Supplements, handbooks, and other support documentation. Generate electronic files, work with databases, and prepare web documents.
Work with translation agency to coordinate document translations. Identify specific files to translate and oversee quotation, approval, review, publishing, and release of translated documents.
Lead conversion of translated content from legacy systems into XML/DITA. Optimize and automate translation workflow to increase time spent on technical writing projects.
• Bachelor's degree in Technical Writing, English, Communications, or similar discipline.
• Experience working in a structured authoring/XML environment. Experience working in and maintaining stylesheets a plus.
• A minimum of two years technical writing experience preferred.
• Must be proficient in using desktop publishing software.
• Must have strong computer skills, with experience in working in a Windows platform and using Microsoft Office programs. Basic knowledge of AutoCAD, Solidworks Composer or other technical illustrating programs a plus.
• Foreign language proficiency preferred.
• Must possess and demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Must possess a strong background in mechanical and electrical systems; a basic knowledge of arc welding and cutting is preferred.
• Must be even tempered, affable, conscientious, and able to work independently while facing tight deadlines and changing priorities.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.