Validation Lab Technician Intern
- 13825 W Business Center Dr, Lake Forest, IL 60045, USA
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
ITW Construction provides a variety of fastening systems and truss products for the commercial, residential, and remodeling/renovation segments. With products manufactured at locations around the globe serving markets in North America, Europe, Asia, New Zealand and Australia.
The Global Tool Unit (GTU) is a part of ITW’s Construction Segment. The GTU innovates, develops, and manufactures best-in-class Power Fastening Systems for the global construction market. Our highly differentiated tools are specified to be used in a variety of applications including wood framing, wood trim, and steel to concrete installations.
Perform tests on cordless tools to baseline performance/technical characteristics of various tools.
- Participate as a member of the Validation Team.
- Set up sensors and equipment.
- Perform acceleration, pressure and temperature tests on various tools
- Compile data and report to engineers.
- Ability to work on multi-disciplinary teams
- Pneumatic & Cordless tool design theory Applied physics. Learn about basic energy conversion methods, electro-mechanical machine design
- Connection between engineering, manufacturing, and the business/market needs
- Design of experiments
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Mechanical engineering or technology degree preferred.
- Familiar with Data Acquisition equipment and thermocouples, accelerometers, strain gages, pressure transducers and how to set up.
- Critical Thinking & Decision Making: Ability to make logical and sound decisions and to know when to act independently and when to seek assistance.
- Curiosity & Learning Orientation: Actively identifying new areas for learning and applying newly gained knowledge/skill on the job.
- Drive to Excel: Driven to succeed and willing to go the extra mile. Perseveres in the face of obstacles and challenges.
- Interpersonal Skills & communication: Ability to work collaboratively and partner well with others, express oneself verbally and in writing, and listen well.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes, airborne particles, climate variances and moving mechanical equipment typically found in a manufacturing environment. The noise level in the work environment (office) is usually low, but higher when exposed to the manufacturing areas. Certain personal protective equipment is required when in the manufacturing areas.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
ITW is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes. To be considered an applicant, please apply online to a specific job posting.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.