- 41 Waukegan Rd, Lake Bluff, IL 60044, USA
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Buehler, a division of Illinois Tool Works, is a leading manufacturer of scientific equipment and supplies for use in material analysis. Over the past 80+ years, Buehler has established sales, manufacturing and laboratory services located throughout North America, Europe and Asia. Comprised of world-class products and brands, such as Wilson Hardness, Buehler continues a long history of providing market-leading technology to support our customers in their sample preparation and material analysis applications.
Buehler’s parent company, ITW, is a global diversified industrial manufacturer of value-added consumables and specialty equipment with related service businesses. The Company focuses on profitable growth with strong returns across worldwide platforms and businesses. The businesses serve local customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets.
This position is responsible for the overall building maintenance of Buehler’s Lake Bluff, IL facility. This includes the daily oversight of all building maintenance requirements, along with weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual preventative maintenance requirements. This position requires interaction with multiple outside contractors along with managing these contractors within the facility. Our facility is both an office environment and a manufacturing environment.
Monday through Friday 7:00-3:30
- Oversees the facility’s HVAC mechanical, electrical and plumbing equipment systems, as well as preventative maintenance
- Handles day-to-day maintenance requirements
- Available to contact after hours, carry a company cell phone and be a first responder for emergencies
- Handles exterior maintenance when needed which can include snow removal with snow blowers and/or shovels
- Oversees and assists in assessing the performance of outside contractors when visiting the facility
- Orders and maintains tools & supplies as required for installation and repairs
- Participates in all property specific safety and or operations training
- Maintains all PMs and contracts on our company’s SharePoint site
- Takes part as a member of the Safety Committee
- Exercises independent judgment in performing daily tasks as assigned by the Supervisor
- High School diploma or GED required
- 3+ years of experience within a building maintenance role for both an office and manufacturing facility, preferred but not required
- Strong electrical and plumbing skills; certifications are preferred, but not required
- Possess a working knowledge of electricity, mechanics, plumbing, and industrial safety
- Self-starter with demonstrated attention to detail and accountability
- Ability to perform with minimum direct supervision
- Ability to work well with people in person, in writing, and over the phone
- Ability to occasionally lift and pull up to 75lbs
- Ability to frequently lift and pull 15lbs to 50lbs
- Ability to climb ladders above six feet
- Ability to occasionally operate a forklift and platform lift
- Be on call for occasional emergency maintenance support during off hours and weekends
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.