- 420 Decker Dr, Irving, TX 75062, USA
- FLSA Status: Exempt
ITW (NYSE: ITW) is a Fortune 200 global multi-industrial manufacturing leader with revenue totaling $14.1 billion in 2019. The company’s seven industry-leading segments leverage the unique ITW Business Model to drive solid growth with best-in-class margins and returns in markets where highly innovative, customer-focused solutions are required. ITW has nearly 50,000 dedicated colleagues in operations around the world who thrive in the company’s unique decentralized and entrepreneurial culture.
ITW Polymers Sealants North America, Inc. offers expanded sealants solutions to various industries and its key markets including construction (roofing, surfacing, metal building, and fenestration), aerospace composites and wind energy. Our brands with a proven history of success include ERSystems®, Permathane®, Tacky Tape®, STA’-PUT®, Pacific Polymers®, Acryl-R®, Miracle®, and Elastek®.
As a Key member of the finance team, the Senior Accountant reports to the Finance manager and is responsible for maintaining ledger accounts and developing financial statements and reports. This role also provides functional advice or training to less-experienced accountant positions.
Financial Planning & Reporting
- Assist Finance Manager in preparation of monthly financial statements, schedules and communication of financial results to management team
- Assist Finance Manager in reporting monthly financial results to parent company within required timeframe
- Perform analysis of financial results and provide recommendations for improvement
General Leger Accounting
- Month-End Closing: Support Finance Manager in critical and confidential aspects of accounting including month end, account reconciliation and analysis
- Fixed Asset: Maintain the fixed asset sub-ledgers, including asset acquisitions, disposals and transfers; Monitor Construction-in-Progress, perform fixed asset physical inventory every three years
- Cash: Prepare bank reconciliations and related journal entries for reconciling items
- Payroll: Prepare bi-weekly payroll entries and reconcile to the payroll registers
- Administrator of the Procurement Card Program (P-Card): add/change/delete users, journalize transactions.
- Approve travel expenses daily through Concur, reconcile charges to payment
- Administrator of Freight for the division, serve as the main contact for freight questions from carriers, freight auditor and division operations personnel, solve freight invoice questions and other general issues
- Assist in external, internal and state audits
- Special projects as required
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Financial analytical abilities
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, manage time effectively, and stay organized in order to meet financial reporting deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience in a supervisory accounting position; public accounting experience preferred
- Computer literate with advanced proficiency in Excel to include pivot tables
- Team player with excellent people skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 5 to 8 years of relevant Accounting experience, includes accruals
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Manufacturing experience required
- Cost accounting experience preferred
- CPA or CMA preferred
- Experience with State sales and use tax returns preferred
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.