Software Engineer, C# Applications
- 41 Waukegan Rd, Lake Bluff, IL 60044, USA
- FLSA Status: Exempt
Buehler, a division of Illinois Tool Works, is a leading manufacturer of scientific equipment and supplies for use in material analysis. Over the past 80+ years, Buehler has established sales, manufacturing and laboratory services located throughout North America, Europe and Asia. Comprised of world-class products and brands, such as Wilson Hardness, Buehler continues a long history of providing market-leading technology to support our customers in their sample preparation and material analysis applications.
Buehler’s parent company, ITW, is a global diversified industrial manufacturer of value-added consumables and specialty equipment with related service businesses. The Company focuses on profitable growth with strong returns across worldwide platforms and businesses. The businesses serve local customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets.
This key Software Engineer position at Buehler will be designing, developing, testing and maintaining Windows software which connects to and controls laboratory instrumentation machines. This position will involve daily local and international interaction with software, electrical, and mechanical engineers to develop top-notch software and equipment. The candidate must be detail-oriented, well-organized, and enjoy working at a fast pace.
- Design, develop, and test software in Visual Studio for Windows environments (C# and WPF)
- Creatively implement user stories to provide customers a great user experience
- Participate in technical roadmap development for multiple software platforms.
- Strategically look for ways to integrate and simplify software functionality across platforms
- Exercise best practices and methodologies for software development
- Support existing software by developing new features, fixing bugs, cleaning up code, and supporting internal customers
- Debug complex application problems and produce quality software documentation and unit test plans
- Occasionally work directly with customers to troubleshoot, reproduce, and fix bugs
- BS degree (or equivalent experience) in engineering, computer science, or related field
- 3+ years of experience in software engineering
- Must have an aptitude for software, a drive to produce an amazing product, and the ability to work well with others as well as independently
- Proven software development expertise in C# and WPF, required
- Intuitive GUI design experience and strong attention to detail
- Familiarity with communication device drivers
- Proficient in the use of compilers, debuggers, and other software development tools.
- Experience in image processing and OpenCV.
- Experience with serial communications (RS232, RS422/485) and Ethernet
- SQL Server/database experience
- Experience with creating installers for Windows environment.
- DevExpress experience
- Familiarity with Agile and SCRUM methodologies.
- Exceptional structured code writer.
- Understanding of the use of Voice-of-Customer & Pain Points for solution development
- Ability to work closely with non-technical product teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.