- 33 Lewis Rd, Binghamton, NY 13905, USA
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Buehler, a division of Illinois Tool Works, is a leading manufacturer of scientific equipment and supplies for use in material analysis. Over the past 80+ years, Buehler has established sales, manufacturing and laboratory services located throughout North America, Europe and Asia. Comprised of world-class products and brands, such as Wilson Hardness, Buehler continues a long history of providing market-leading technology to support our customers in their sample preparation and material analysis applications.
Buehler’s parent company, ITW, is a global diversified industrial manufacturer of value-added consumables and specialty equipment with related service businesses. The Company focuses on profitable growth with strong returns across worldwide platforms and businesses. The businesses serve local customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets.
This key position has split responsibilities between both our laboratory and production floor depending on the priorities set for each day. This person will use grinders and surface finishing equipment on Wilson hardness Test Blocks, and be responsible for Test Block calibration and customer order processing.
- Assemble, fixtures to sets up, followed by operating surface finishing equipment, and testing the product ensuring it meets the product specifications, tracing non-conformances to their source and correcting same
- Calibrate, stock, and package Test Blocks using established procedures and work instructions
- Performs visual inspection of Test Blocks ensuring established quality standards
- Readily identify Quality deficiencies and informs supervision
- Ensure proper paperwork, and documents are maintained according to Dept work instructions
- Operate and maintain roll stamping machine, bead blaster, buffer, belt sanders, surface grinders and lapping machine
- Use quality control devices such as micrometer, dial gauges, and air gauges
- Tear down, maintain, and reassemble equipment as required
- Other tasks as assigned
- Good math aptitude normally acquired through a High School education
- Experience working with other members on a team in a production environment
- Strong attention to detail regarding inspection of components and assembly of machines
- Ability to do accurate calibrations using precision testing equipment
- Ability to understand and follow departmental procedures
- Ability to give written and verbal instructions which augment and clarify drawings and specifications
- Basic understanding of required quality control devices such as micrometer, dial gauges, and air gauges
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to lift small packages between 5lb to 25lb
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.