- 1635 W Spencer St, Appleton, WI 54914, USA
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Comprised of a market-leading portfolio of best-in-class brands, the businesses of ITW Welding work together to provide premium performance delivered through a breadth of solutions encompassing welding, cutting, consumables, and accessories. ITW Welding North America represents Miller Electric Welding Equipment, Safety & Accessories, Hobart Filler Metals, and Bernard / Tregaskiss MIG Guns.
Miller Electric Mfg. LLC, is headquartered in Appleton, Wisconsin, and wholly owned by Illinois Tool Works (NYSE: ITW). The company maintains its industry leadership by setting the standard for reliability, quality and responsiveness. Our tagline, “The Power of Blue®,” is inspired by the blue color of Miller equipment.
The company began with an innovation that responded to customer needs, growing from a one-man operation in 1929, to the world’s largest manufacturer of arc welding products. Miller keeps the tradition alive by focusing on its top priority: people.
The marketing internship is designed to give a student the hands-on exposure to the critical role marketing plays in delivering the company’s short and long-term results.
- Work closely with the division marketing team, especially product managers, as they manage their product categories and drive growth; example tasks may include, maintaining product specification information in databases and spec sheets, updating pricing and competitive information, analyzing sales data
- Assist with primary and secondary research projects in support of new product development activities
- Experience the go-to-market planning process for new product launches including the creation and deployment of both channel and end user marketing materials
- Track and report out on the product programs and promotions for the division
- Support in the preparation of events like customer visits, tradeshows and tours
- Required to be in at least their sophomore year of school pursuing a Marketing Degree
- Self-directed, results-oriented and customer focused
- Proficient in Microsoft Office/Teams
- Proactive in recognizing improvement opportunities are necessary
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and written and oral communication skills
ITW Welding is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.