Human Resources Generalist
- 50 Beechtree Blvd, Greenville, SC 29605, USA
- FLSA Status: Exempt
ITW Hartness is a world class secondary packaging equipment manufacturer headquartered in the beautiful suburbs of Greenville, SC. Founded on the premise of cutting-edge innovation and a relentless commitment to our customers, ITW Hartness’ world class equipment is designed to our customers’ goals of continuous improvement throughout the production process. ITW Hartness is proud to be a Division of Illinois Tool Works (ITW).
Since ITW’s founding more than 100 years ago, ITW has become one of the world’s leading diversified manufacturers of specialized industrial equipment, consumables and related service businesses. ITW businesses serve local customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets. The company has operations in 56 countries that employ more than 50,000 women and men who adhere to the highest ethical standards. ITW has 81 businesses divided into 7 Segments, which includes: Welding, Automotive OEM, Food Equipment Group, Construction Products, Polymers & Fluids, Test and Measurement & Electronics, and Specialty.
Take this opportunity to join a successful and enthusiastic global team where you can make a significant impact immediately. You will enjoy a competitive salary and generous benefits that includes health, dental, life and LTD insurance, 401k (with match), and a 100% tuition reimbursement program for those who qualify.
The HR Generalist will provide day-to-day professional HR support and policy administration across the division, with a primary focus on the non-exempt workforce. The HR Generalist’s role is responsible for a variety of HR duties, including ownership and execution of the payroll process. The HR Generalist will serve as a trusted HR partner and advisor to departmental leaders to carry out responsibilities in the following functional areas: Employee Relations, Wellness and Benefits, Compensation, Recruitment, and Performance and Talent Management. He or she will be able to work autonomously and efficiently to ensure the smooth running of HR projects and operations and be able to contribute to the attainment of specific goals and results of the HR department and the organization.
- Provides coaching and support to non-exempt Managers in solving employee relations issues, such as policy violations, attendance concerns, and performance issues
- Manages the division performance review and compensation processes for non-exempt employees
- Supports managers and employees with creating and implementing effective development plans
- Processes payroll in accordance with required quality and timeline expectations
- Supports managers and employees with payroll-related questions and acts as the payroll liaison for division and corporate payroll team
- Supports and coordinates employee events, recognition programs, awards, activities, etc.
- Responsible for creating and posting division-wide communications
- Coordinates wellness events and activities for the division
- Disability Management process owner for the division, including running a highly effective return-to-work process
- Supports Sr. HR Generalist with recruitment activities for the division
- Lead or participate in HR projects
- Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong written/verbal communication skills; demonstrates good listening skills; able to communicate status on process with colleagues, keep team members informed, and responds clearly to inquiries in a timely fashion
- Possesses a strong drive for results and shows initiative to identify issues and provide solutions
- Capable of working independently, with limited supervision
- Able to effectively manage time and prioritize work, and capable of managing multiple tasks to consistently meet or exceed deadlines
- Adapts easily to change, performs calmly under pressure, and works effectively in ambiguous environments
- Able to make independent decisions, highly inquisitive, and has a continuous improvement mindset to regularly suggest ways to improve policies and processes
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships and credibility with individuals at all levels of the organization while demonstrating a positive and friendly attitude
- Ability to use good judgment and discretion with highly confidential business and employee information.
- Strong technical skills / aptitude: Proficiency in MS Office programs (Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Knowledge of employment law
- Employee relations experience
- HR and Payroll Systems experience, preferably Workday and Dayforce (or similar)
- Master's degree
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.