National Account Manager
- OH-161, Columbus, OH, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- FLSA Status: Exempt
Segment: Single Ply & Other
The National Account Manager is responsible for all sales and marketing activity in the segment/territory, as well as selected Key/National Accounts. The National Account Manager is responsible for working with large customers/prospects at all levels of purchasing, technical, product management, R&D, and sales to grow profitable business with current and/or targeted accounts. The National Account Manager is responsible for assisting in the development and execution of annual and long-range Division strategies and plans.
· Grow the business through effective account management. Utilize discretionary judgment in decision making.
· Utilize the ITW Toolbox and ITW PSNA sales excellence process to develop strategies and implement profitable growth plans
· Strategic, tactical and operational planning with Segment Manager to determine primary objectives, set specific targets, and implement plans to grow business within the segment/territory
· Determine market needs, competitive environment, distribution channels and product requirements. Devise and implement marketing programs and sales strategies.
· Identify market needs, trends, and opportunities within the business segments in the segment/territory, provide analyses and need assessments to assist with new product development
· Follow the Sales Excellence program utilizing all the Division tools. Develop and maintain Sales Playbooks for each segment/territory.
· Provide technical service to end-users, and Distribution, relating to the use, operation and maintenance of our adhesives and/or equipment
· Provide support to Division trade shows as necessary
· Promote, support, and adhere to all safety and quality related policies and procedures
Job Skills and Competencies Required:
· BS Degree or equivalent, plus 5 – 10 years of industrial sales experience preferably in construction chemicals and specifically in the adhesives market
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Business management, financial and strategic thinking skills. Ability to prioritize and focus efforts on most profitable growth opportunities. Ability to utilize discretionary judgment in decision making
· Relevant product, market, and industry experience. Strong leadership skills; proven ability to train and motivate customers/prospects
· Excellent interpersonal skills; strong selling skills to include negotiation and closing business
· PC literate, skilled in word processing, spreadsheet, and contact management software
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.