- 6600 Cornell Rd, Cincinnati, OH 45242, USA
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
ITW Evercoat is the global leader in the manufacture of professional auto body repair fillers and putties, adhesives, professional car care, recreational marine patch and repair products. Evercoat is a division of Illinois Tool Works Inc within the ITW Performance Polymers and Fluids segment. We are known for our unique 80/20 business model and core values of Integrity, Respect, Trust, Shared Risk and Simplicity. Illinois Tool Works (ITW) is a Fortune 200 Company headquartered in Glenview, IL.
Executes or directs material handling and line stocking activities in the packaging area. Responsible for training activities and related documentation of all temporary employees and on-shift Production Cell Members. Able to safely and efficiently operate and train others on all equipment necessary to package finished goods in a batch process, chemical manufacturing environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Communicate with Supervisors and facility leadership regarding safety, production, quality, or any other operational issue
· Successfully trains others (temporary labor and Production Cell Members on-shift) on all aspects of the packaging process, completing required documentation and ensuring that all training/retraining requirements and deadlines are met
· Follows, understands and can effectively train others on Bill of Materials, Batch Sheets, and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) related to the packaging process
· Ensures that all material handling activities required in the packaging process are executed in a manner that avoids downtime or demurrage
· Set-up, adjust, operate, perform changeovers, monitor, trouble-shoot problems, and clean all production line equipment, including: Labeler, Geyer, Batch Coder, Capper, Label Air, Box Erector, Taper, Palletizer, Case Packer, Print & Apply, Can Elevator, Trash Compactor, Pail Filling Equipment, and Reinforced Line
· Package batches in accordance with all safety, quality, and efficiency standards by following SOPs, batch sheets, and verbal directions
· Safely and efficiently operate various workstations associated with the packaging of product
· Ensure accurate documentation and inventory accuracy in accordance to established doctrine
· Enters production numbers into applicable systems at the end of each shift
· Ensures all 5s expectations within packaging and associated areas are met and leads any activities related to monthly facility audit
· Other duties may be assigned.
Education and Experience:
· High School diploma or equivalent required
· 2 years’ work experience in a chemical environment preferred
· Forklift operation experience preferred
Qualifications and Skills:
· Basic understanding of computers
· Ability to operate forklift safely in trailers and on the production floor
· Excellent oral and written communication skills and basic math
· Willingness to work in a team environment
· Ability to adapt to changing demands and to react positively to verbal instructions given by a Supervisor or another manager
ITW is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes. To be considered an applicant, please apply online to a specific job posting.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.