- 1000 N Armstrong Dr, Fairmont, MN 56031, USA
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Avery Weigh-Tronix is one of the world’s largest manufacturers and suppliers of weighing equipment and solutions. With wholly owned businesses in nine countries, and partners in more than 70 others, we are truly a global player with a range and expertise that is second to none.
With its North American headquarters, R&D and manufacturing base in Minnesota, Avery Weigh-Tronix has a presence across the whole of the United States. Our established network of distributors and dealers undergo extensive product training to provide you with a trustworthy and knowledgeable source for all of your weighing requirements.
Avery Weigh-Tronix operates worldwide through a network of wholly owned companies and international dealers and distributors, allowing us to provide a fast response and locally tailored solutions in more than 100 countries.
Job Summary: This position would be located on the WB In-line or 20's line, performing various assembly-related operations involving electronic, electro-mechanical and mechanical components, sub-assemblies and final assembly levels. This could include strain gage bonding, wiring & soldering, test, potting, general mechanical assembly and others.
· Read and comprehend drawings, work-aids and safety documents
· Build sub-assemblies and finished goods using hand tools, power tools and fixtures
· Operate a variety of power tools, hand tools, and small hoist and other lift assist devices
· Retrieve parts from floor or overhead
· Package and stock completed products
· Accurately maintain inventory levels and locations utilizing first-in/ first-out best practices
· Practice good safety and housekeeping skills, including active participation in 5S program and Continuous Improvement activities
· Periodically work with hazardous materials (Safety Data Sheets on file)
· May be assigned to different product lines as deemed necessary by management in order to meet customer and/or company objectives.
· Utilize “hands on” training and follow company approved documentation tools (i.e. work aids,
drawings, etc.) to fulfill assembly related tasks
· Assist in directing workflow and training of others as required by the Team Leader.
· Collaborative communication with team members
· Demonstrate sufficient technical and quality proficiency.
· Complete paper work requirements and computer data input functions
· Work at a variety of workstations and on a variety of products
· Report equipment maintenance issues
· Meet objectives outlined in the Safety Policy
Knowledge, Skills, and Education Qualifications
Knowledge: Basic knowledge of a computer and keyboarding experience helpful. Basic math skills.
Skills: Strong time management skills, problem solving skills, attention to detail, communication skills and personal interaction skills are essential. Basic soldering skills.
Abilities: Ability to comprehend detailed data from work orders, work aids, blueprints and sales orders. Good training retention. Must be able to collaborate with team members in a positive manner. Strong work ethic and self- motivation with minimal supervision. Quality orientated.
Education: High school graduate or equivalent
It is the policy of Avery Weigh-Tronix to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Avery Weigh-Tronix will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.