- 805 E Old 56 Hwy, Olathe, KS 66061, USA
- FLSA Status: Exempt
ITW Pro Brands is a manufacturer of lubricants, cleaning chemicals, and corrosion preventatives formulated to maximize equipment productivity and product quality for customers. We go to market through B2B with a focus on the automotive, aviation, fabricated metal, food processing and machinery manufacturing market segments. Offering a brand portfolio that is well recognized within these industrial channels, our premium products address customer pain points and our direct sales team provides expert, value-added consulting at the customer level. ITW Pro Brands has 3 manufacturing facilities (Olathe, KS, Tucker, GA and DeWitt, IA) and a formulation lab in Carol Stream, IL and employs 250+ individuals.
This position is responsible for leading continuous improvement initiatives and optimizing processes, by leveraging an interdisciplinary team, to produce high quality products with competitive costs and lead times. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of the chemical manufacturing business, customer relationship management, manufacturing opera-tions, employee engagement, talent development, leadership and safety.This position reports to the Operations Director and is based out of the Olathe, Kansas facility. Operations Manager, Maintenance Manager, Shipping Manager and Safety manager report into this position.
• Plan, organize, direct and run optimum day-to-day operations to exceed our customers’ expectations
• Increase production, assets capacity and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs and maintaining current quality standards
• Be responsible for production output, product quality and on-time shipping
• Allocate resources effectively and fully utilize assets to produce optimal results
• Implement strategies in alignment with strategic initiatives and provide a clear sense of direction and focus
• Monitor operations and trigger corrective actions
• Share a trusting relationship with work group and recruit, manage and develop plant staff
• Collect and analyze data to find places of waste or overtime
• Develop systems and processes that track and optimize productivity and standards, met-rics and performance targets to ensure effective return on assets
• Address employees’ issues to drive high engagement and inclusive environment.
• Drives plant-wide continuous improvement initiatives by developing and reviewing manufacturing/cost information, utilizing 80/20 principles, researching and implementing best practice technologies and processes and by actively promoting teamwork and em-ployee involvement.
• Participate in establishing and executing on safety, environmental, production, quality, and efficiency objectives.
• Conduct and participate in production and management meetings. Provide input and updates on monitoring metrics, production reports and key initiatives. Develop necessary reports and data to monitor and communicate progress toward goals/initiatives.
• Contributes to annual budget and long-range planning development. Manage opera-tions and direct labor costs within budget.
• Develops and manages plant capital expenditure budget to include identifying equip-ment, tools, technology and facility upgrades to support company initiatives.
• Establishes or adjusts work procedures, personnel assignments and machine utilization to meet production schedules.
• Coordinate with sourcing and scheduling personnel to maintain optimal use and plan-ning of resources.
• Manage and participate in inventory management activities to include, but not limited to, raw material management and storage, physical inventory, cycle counts, and finished goods storage management.
• Manage activities of maintenance personnel and preventive maintenance initiatives and programs.
• Ensures that appropriate standard operating procedures (SOP’s) are developed, main-tained and followed.
• Ensures all subordinates are properly trained, motivated, equipped and are following environmental, health & safety regulations, quality standards, production procedures, and work rules.
• Collaborate with Division Compliance team to direct, maintain and enforce the safety and regulatory programs. Ensure accidents are handled immediately and per procedure / process.
• Ensure city, county, state, and federal regulations relating to process operations are met.
• Is responsible for the legal and effective maintenance of proper staffing levels within budget, employee performance evaluations, employee coaching & development oppor-tunities and employee relations management. Consult and coordinate with Human Resources in all aspects of personnel management.
• Bachelor degree in Business, Engineering` or Chemical technical related degree pre-ferred
• 3-5 years of successful plant leadership experience. Preferably chemical manufacturing.
• Adequate knowledge of business and management principles (budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation and human resources)
• Familiarity with industry standard equipment and technical expertise
• Be knowledgeable of safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, inventory and stew-ardship processes
• Computer proficiency within Windows based environment. Experienced in Microsoft Of-fice Suite software (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook)
• Demonstrated understanding of regulatory laws and responsibilities as it pertains to the position (i.e. OSHA, EPA, NFPA). Knowledgeable of regulated good manufacturing processes (GMP and cGMP) a plus.
• Demonstrated experience in successfully leading and implementing continuous im-provement and process and production management with programs/principles such as: 80/20, Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, Just In Time, 5S, KanBan, etc.
• Previous supervisory experience managing operations personnel in a manufacturing environment.
ITW Pro Brands is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.