Channel Marketing Intern
- 155 Harlem Ave, Glenview, IL 60025, USA
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
ITW Residential & Renovation offers a broad range of professional grade anchoring tools and fasteners for numerous construction applications. Our products include wood to wood fastening systems (Paslode), structural wood fasteners (GRK Fasteners™), concrete anchoring systems (Tapcon®, Red Head®, Ramset®), underlayment screws (Rock-On®, Backer-On®), self-drilling screws (Teks®) and drywall anchoring systems (E-Z Ancor®). ITW Residential & Renovation excels in meeting the growing demands from Pro end-users for high-quality home improvement and construction fastening products. Our products are trusted by industry professionals and each brand is the market leader in its respective category in terms of quality, performance and ease of use.
ITW offers its employees a path for advancement, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package designed to help employees care for themselves, their families, and their futures.
As part of the ITW Residential & Renovation Marketing team, the Channel Marketing intern helps execute the marketing plans and tactics to acquire and engage our end users and supports retail channel marketing initiatives with the Home Centers, Lumberyards, dealers, and distributors. The scope of responsibilities is broad and may include involvement in gathering, analyzing and applying VOC as well as secondary market/business/customer data to new product development and new product launches.
- Review current product offerings and recommend opportunities to simplify the product line.
- Assist with segment market research.
- Support new product market launches.
- New Product Development Process (launch to commercialization)
- Data analysis translated to brand/product strategies and initiatives
- Competitive benchmarking and tracking (product, pricing, promotions, etc.)
- Customer presentation development
- Cross-functional team collaboration
- Pricing Strategies
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Most time will be spent in an office environment. Occasionally the employee may be required to spend time in manufacturing and distribution facilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral visions, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to finger, handle or feel.
- Rising Junior pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering, or related field.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Job Competencies:
- Critical Thinking & Decision Making: Ability to make logical and sound decisions and to know when to act independently and when to seek assistance.
- Curiosity & Learning Orientation: Actively identifying new areas for learning and applying newly gained knowledge/skill on the job.
- Drive to Excel: Driven to succeed and willing to go the extra mile. Perseveres in the face of obstacles and challenges.
- Interpersonal Skills & communication: Ability to work collaboratively and partner well with others, express oneself verbally and in writing, and listen well.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ITW is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes. To be considered an applicant, please apply online to a specific job posting.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please click here for information on how to contact us directly.