- 401 W Market St, Troy, OH 45373, USA
- FLSA Status: Exempt
ITW is a Fortune 200 global multi-industrial manufacturing leader with revenues totaling $14.3 billion in 2017. The company's seven industry-leading segments leverage the unique ITW Business Model to drive solid growth with best-in-class margins and returns in markets where highly innovative, customer-focused solutions are required. ITW has approximately 50,000 dedicated colleagues in operations around the world who thrive in the company's unique, decentralized and entrepreneurial culture. We offer unparalleled access to challenging opportunities in high-growth, diverse industries and markets around the world.
Hobart Weigh/Wrap is part of the ITW Food Equipment Group. We are seeking a qualified Software Engineer. This position will be based in Troy, Ohio centrally located to Columbus, Dayton, and Cincinnati.
The selected candidate will design, modify, develop, implement, and test high quality Embedded Linux network application software for scale and wrapper products. Individual will be responsible for weigh wrap product graphical user interface, wireless and wired networking, and business logic development.
Business Unit Qualifications
Plan, develop, and implement projects as an individual contributor or as a member of a cross-functional team working on weigh wrap products. Design and/or evaluation of software components and systems of limited scope requiring knowledge of accepted engineering theory and principles. Troubleshoot, test, and implement wireless network solutions and security. Direct interface with customers to define and clarify requirements.
· BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering (4-year degree)
· Minimum 2 years software development with an object-oriented programming language (C++) or Python scripting
· Basic understanding of web markup, including HTML5 and CSS3
· Solid understanding of wireless and wired networks
· Customer interactions/presentation of technical information
· 0-15% travel depending upon customer needs
· Linux command line, networking, and system administration
· Linux programming to initiate and maintain wireless and wired network connections, MS Visual Studio experience
· Qt5 graphical user interface development
· Java application development
· Familiar with use of the SVN version control system
· Experience with development projects employing USB, i2c, SPI, RS422/485/232 protocols
· SQL Database development concentrated on query language, db creation, and maintenance
ITWFEG is committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for all employees. To demonstrate this commitment, ITWFEG is tobacco-free (including e-cigarettes) on campuses and within company vehicles and maintains a drug-free workplace. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental, and life insurance, short and long-term disability benefits, holiday and vacation pay, 401(k) with liberal matching funds, and educational reimbursement.
ITW FEG is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For individuals with disabilities who may need help with the application process, ITW- Hobart offers a contact to evaluate requests for assistance and, where appropriate, provide a reasonable accommodation to help the applicants to apply. If you would like this assistance, please call 937-840-5101. Note: Only requests for assistance to apply due to a disability will be responded to.