Material Handler 1st Shift
- 805 E Old 56 Hwy, Olathe, KS 66061, USA
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Our team is growing and we are hiring 1st Shift Material Handlers for our Olathe, KS facility! We are an established company with a brand portfolio that is well recognized. Full health benefits after the 1st day of the month following hire, paid time off, sick time and 11 paid holidays are some of the benefits we are offer our employees.
The Material Handler will be responsible for preparing customer orders for shipment. This role will utilize material handling equipment, shrink wrapping equipment, inventory control systems, and knowledge of the warehouse layout to accomplish their functions. Accuracy, attention to detail, and a sense of urgency while maintaining safety are key skills for this role. 1st shift hours are from 6:30 am to 3:00 pm, Monday thru Friday.
• Prepares finished goods for shipment by identifying, pulling, packing, crating, loading, and securing product.
• Completes pick lists with required documentation.
• Maintain accuracy and quality of all orders being shipped.
• Move material through facility with the use of material handling equipment (i.e. forklift, pallet jack, etc..) as required.
• Maintains material handling equipment by completing daily pre-use inspections.
• Complies with safety and hazardous material handling regulations.
• Understands and monitors the Kan-ban inventory system. Performs cycle counting and stock verification.
• Ensure products are correctly labeled and identified for proper sorting and use.
• Placard and label finished goods pallet for shipment.
• Replenishes supplies for operators.
• Follow all Company safety procedures and good housekeeping practices.
• Act in accordance with all company policies and procedures.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Core Skills / Experience Requirements:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• 6+ months related experience in a picking and packing environment preferred.
• Previous forklift and order picking experience required.
• Must be able to read, write, and communicate verbally with good organizational skills required.
• Able to adapt to changes in the work environment.
• Must be dependable, have good attendance and be punctual.
• Able to work overtime when required.
ITW Pro Brands is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.