Batch Maker 1st Shift Dykem Dept
- 805 E Old 56 Hwy, Olathe, KS 66061, USA
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Our team is growing and we are hiring 1st Shift Batch Makers in our Dykem Department at our Olathe, KS facility! We are an established company with a brand portfolio that is well recognized. Full health benefits after the 1st day of the month following hire, paid time off, sick time and 11 paid holidays are some of the benefits we are offer our employees.
The Batch Maker is responsible for the preparation of batches to meet standards and specifications, while utilizing forklifts, mixers, tanks, and other manufacturing machinery.
• Operate a variety of mixing/blending equipment.
• Follow instructions on batch cards and job tickets to perform duties.
• Move 55-gallon drum to 5-gallon pails to production lines, manually or with use of proper equipment.
• Make minor adjustments to equipment as needed.
• Setup, change over, and cleanup machines and work area daily.
• Ensure batch quality and integrity meet production standards.
• Deliver batch samples and required documentation to Quality department.
• Move material through facility with the use of material handling equipment (i.e. forklift, pallet jack, etc..) as required.
• Complies with safety and hazardous material handling regulations.
• Understands and monitors the Kan-ban inventory system. Performs cycle counting and stock verification.
• Ensure products are correctly labeled and identified for proper sorting and use.
• Follow all Company safety procedures and good housekeeping practices.
• Act in accordance with all company policies and procedures.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Core Skills / Experience Requirements:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• 6+ months related batching experience a plus
• 6+ months related manufacturing experience a plus
• Previous forklift experience required.
• Experience with Kan-ban inventory system a plus
• Must be able to read, write, and communicate verbally with good organizational skills required.
• Must have mechanical aptitude to operate and troubleshoot machines.
• Must possess basic math skills.
• Able to use basic hand tools.
• Able to work in a repetitive, fast-paced environment.
• Able to adapt to changes in the work environment.
• Must be dependable, have good attendance and be punctual.
• Able to work overtime when required.
ITW Pro Brands is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.