Quality Technician 3rd Shift
- 805 E Old 56 Hwy, Olathe, KS 66061, USA
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Our team is growing and we are hiring a 3rd Shift Quality Technician for our Olathe, KS facility! We are an established company with a brand portfolio that is well recognized. Full health benefits after the 1st day of the month following hire, paid time off, sick time and 11 paid holidays are some of the benefits we are offer our employees. 3rd shift hours are from 10:30 pm to 7:00 am, Monday thru Friday. This position may train on 2nd shift for the first 4 to 6 weeks.
The Quality Technician is responsible for assisting the Quality Manager in the implementation, maintenance and continuous improvement of company’s Quality System to ensure total and continuing compliance to applicable regulations, standards and requirements including but not limited to ISO 9001, AS 9100 and/or FDA GMP. Quality Technicians execute product testing protocols in the Quality Laboratory in support of production work cells and fill both Quality Control and Quality Assurance roles. In the event of absence, these job responsibilities will be covered by employees in the “Quality Manager,” “Quality Lead” or another employee in the “Quality Technician” positions. 3rd shift hours are from 10:30 pm to 7:00 am, Monday thru Friday. This position may train on 2nd shift for the first 4 to 6 weeks.
• Inspect, test, and accept or reject raw materials, intermediaries, and finished products using written specifications, as established by company procedures.
• Work closely with Manufacturing Work Cells and other Quality Technicians to maintain production/product testing schedules.
• Review Production Records to check the accuracy of data entered by production personnel such as batch yields, label counts, etc.
• Perform final approval of regulated batch records and master batch record updates.
• Assist in maintaining the Quality documentation system.
• Closing of batch tickets and issuing of Certificates of Analysis.
• Record data and maintain accurate records in accordance with GMP good documentation practices.
• In conjunction with operations and R&D teams, troubleshoot quality concerns that may arise on the production floor.
• Verify line Operations throughout the facility using the Line Operations checklist, document findings on the Checklist.
• Maintenance of retains for raw materials and finished goods in a neat, orderly manner. Purges retains after retention period.
• Participate in identifying, investigating, and processing Corrective/Preventive Actions, Customer Complaints, product Non-Conformance, Deviations and Returned Goods Authorizations.
• Maintenance of laboratory testing equipment and surrounding areas in the lab as clean and orderly.
• Distribution of documentation to production personnel.
• Testing of customer samples.
• Assisting with audits as needed.
• May be required, as needed, to work overtime, weekends or alternate shifts to support production.
• Follow all safety rules and take a leadership role in ensuring a safe environment.
• Foster, communicate and exemplify the values of ITW; act with integrity and trust, operate with simplicity, treat everyone with respect, take shared risk.
• Assist in writing, editing, and training of standard operating procedures as needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent. College or Technical School education in the sciences or technical related areas such as quality, regulatory a plus.
• One to three years’ work experience as a Quality Technician or related position.
ITW Pro Brands is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.