- 12055 Cutten Road, Houston, TX, United States
- FLSA Status: Exempt
The Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for planning, organizing, and monitoring the company’s domestic and international shipping and receiving functions as well as for the storage and distribution of all items received. The Supervisor will be responsible for providing logistical support for warehouse functions through ensuring that shipping and receiving procedures are followed and that positive relations are managed with a diverse group of customers, vendors and internal contacts within the organization.
- Prepare outgoing orders or incoming materials following all proper procedures.
- Investigate shipping, receiving or inventory errors and customer complaints.
- Maintain employee attendance and corrective action records.
- Tracking of assigned performance metrics and monitor daily employee activities.
- Warehouse documents record keeping including all documents related to shipping and receiving activities.
- Direct the flow of documents to ensure that all involved departments are aware of shipments and ensures that completed bills of lading and daily shipment reports are disbursed to the proper departments.
- Develops training plans for personnel and executes plan.
- Participates in weekly inventory cycle counts and annual physical inventory.
- Process FedEx and UPS small parcel shipments.
- Works closely with customer service personnel and communicates the status of customer orders daily.
- Schedule, authorize and organize all freight carriers.
- Maintain relationships with preferred carriers.
- Prepare export documentation.
- Prepare and coordinate export air and ocean shipments.
- Ensures housekeeping is kept in accordance with 5S policies and procedures.
- Supervises Shipping and Receiving personnel.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associates degree in business or related discipline from an accredited two-year college preferred.
- One (1) to three (3) years increasingly responsible experience in material control, including one year of supervisory or lead responsibility in a warehousing.
- Three (3) or more years in a Supervisory role overseeing warehouse operations (preferably in an industry related environment).
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Current knowledge of hazardous material regulations (DOT, IATA, IMDG) with certification within the last 5 years.
- Experience with export shipping software.
- Detailed oriented.
- Production process knowledge.
- Ability to assign work and monitor productivity, develop departmental policy and submit for approvals.
- Demonstrated experience with the operating characteristics of a comprehensive warehousing program, including shipping and receiving materials, proper and orderly storage, optimum space utilization and stock inventory procedures.
- Demonstrated work experience with principles and procedures of record keeping, supervision and training, and with proper methods of storing equipment, materials and supplies.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.