Tool and Die
- 1000 N Armstrong Dr, Fairmont, MN 56031, USA
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Avery Weigh-Tronix is one of the world’s largest manufacturers and suppliers of weighing equipment and solutions. With wholly owned businesses in nine countries, and partners in more than 70 others, we are truly a global player with a range and expertise that is second to none.Avery Weigh-Tronix is one of the world’s largest manufacturers and suppliers of weighing equipment and solutions. With wholly owned businesses in nine countries, and partners in more than 70 others, we are truly a global player with a range and expertise that is second to none.
We are looking for a dependable, punctual employee who can work with little to no supervision, be capable of operating saw, drill presses, mill, tool grinder, surface grinder, engine lathe and heat treat furnaces.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Interact with all production employees to understand their fixturing requirements
- Create tools to aid production assembly processes
- Design jigs, fixtures and templates for use as work aids in the fabrication of parts or products
- Sharpen production tooling as required
- Set pyrometer controls of heat-treating furnaces, and feed or place parts, tools or assemblies into furnaces to harden
- Verity dimensions, alignments and clearances of finished parts for conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as calipers, gauge blocks, micrometers and dial indicators.
- Study blueprints, sketches, models, or specifications to plan sequences of operations for fabricating tools, dies or assemblies
- Set up and operate conventional or computer numerically controlled machine tools such as lathes, milling machines and grinders to cut, bore, grind or otherwise shape parts to prescribed dimensions and finishes
- Fit and assemble part so make, repair, or modify dies, jigs, gauges, and tools, using machine tools and hand tools
- Maintain a clean and safe environment for yourself and others
Knowledge Skills/ Education Requirements
- High school graduate or equivalent. preferred Tool and Die/Mold-making A.A.S or equivalent
- Required at least 2 years of Tool & Die experience or trade school
- Frequently lifting or moving light weight material.
- Be able to read, sketch and understand blueprints.
- Be capable of using all types of precision equipment.
- Be capable of set ups and running of all machines in the department.
- Do minor repair work on machines.
- Be capable of doing all types of design for jigs, fixtures, or dies.
- Work with production on updating of jigs and fixtures.
- Be a self- starter.
- Ability to run manual mills
It is the policy of Avery Weigh-Tronix to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Avery Weigh-Tronix will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.