3rd shift Assistant Manufacturing Manager
- 6875 Parkland Blvd, Solon, OH 44139, USA
- FLSA Status: Exempt
Permatex is a division of ITW (Illinois Tool Works Inc.), a US based, NYSE listed corporation. We are a leading manufacturer, distributor and marketer of premium chemical products to the automotive maintenance and repair, home and hardware markets. Product categories include gasket makers, sealants, hand cleaners, etc., under well-recognized brand names such as Permatex®, the Right Stuff®, Fast Orange®, Spray Nine®, Versachem®, and Devcon® home
We are presently seeking candidates for a 3rd Shift Assistant Manufacturing Manager in the Manufacturing Department reporting to the Plant Manager.
Directs mixing, filling, and packaging activities in a safe, quality driven, and efficient manner at the Permatex Solon facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a safe and non-hazardous work environment by promoting and enforcing ITW safety guidelines and procedures including industry standards.
- Ensure production activities satisfy internal and external customer demands.
- Ensure strict compliance to ISO quality standard.
- Lead all production related activities in the most efficient manner per standard cost routings.
- Manage 10-15 hourly employees while maintaining a professional non-threatening work environment.
- Work with salary team members within or between departments and across different shifts to coordinate daily operations activities.
- Follow and promote ITW Principles and Code of Conduct.
- Coordinate with engineering and maintenance for support of production activities including project work.
- Scheduling at all levels of internal activities – daily, short term, and long term.
- Investigate and propose long term operating, safety, cost, and quality improvements.
- Must be able to utilize company ERP systems for material planning and inventory lot control purposes.
This job has supervisory responsibilities for: Working Supervisors, Material Handlers, Chemical Mixers, and Packaging Employees.
- Management of Personnel Resources: Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Train, motivate, and discipline hourly employees and temporary associates as necessary.
- Responsible for shift hiring and staffing; must maintain adequate staffing and employee skill sets to achieve company objectives.
- Perform annual performance reviews.
- Responsible for approving timecards in the department.
- A Bachelor’s degree in technical or related field preferred.
- Must have an Associates degree or higher.
- At least 5 years’ experience in manufacturing operations, with supervisory responsibilities.
- Background in safety and environmental areas desired.
- Strong independent leadership, interpersonal, communication and customer service skills a must.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Computer knowledge required, especially Microsoft excel.
- Must possess the ability to count and make simple arithmetic additions, subtractions, multiplications and divisions.
- Apply critical thinking techniques to meet ITW strategic objectives with minimal guidance.
- Ability to use problem solving skills involving concrete variables in standardized situations.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. This job description should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an incumbent in this position. Incumbents are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Permatex is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled. EEO is the law. Permatex invites any employee and/or applicant to review the Company’s Affirmative Action Plan. This plan is available for inspection upon request by emailing [email protected] . If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Katie Craig at (440) 914-3166. No other calls will be accepted.