- 50 Beechtree Blvd, Greenville, SC 29605, USA
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
ITW Hartness is a world class secondary packaging equipment manufacturer headquartered in the beautiful suburbs of Greenville, SC. Founded on the premise of cutting-edge innovation and a relentless commitment to our customers, ITW Hartness’ world class equipment is designed to our customers’ goals of continuous improvement throughout the production process. ITW Hartness is proud to be a Division of Illinois Tool Works (ITW).
Since ITW’s founding more than 100 years ago, ITW has become one of the world’s leading diversified manufacturers of specialized industrial equipment, consumables and related service businesses. ITW businesses serve local customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets. The company has operations in 56 countries that employ more than 50,000 women and men who adhere to the highest ethical standards. ITW has 81 businesses divided into 7 Segments, which includes: Welding, Automotive OEM, Food Equipment Group, Construction Products, Polymers & Fluids, Test and Measurement & Electronics, and Specialty.
Take this opportunity to join a successful and enthusiastic global team where you can make a significant impact immediately. You will enjoy a competitive salary and generous benefits that includes health, dental, life and LTD insurance, 401k (with match), and a 100% tuition reimbursement program for those who qualify.
ITW Hartness is looking for a Mechanical Technician with strong ability to assemble, read blue prints, use mechanical skills, and use basic hand tools in a production environment. You will need to work safely in a fast pace team environment and meet the production schedule while producing quality work.
What we are looking for:
- Must be able to read and understand mechanical and pneumatic blue prints.
- Understand basic hand tools and measuring equipment.
- Basic understanding of hardware
- Understanding of motors, gear boxes, sprockets and shaft alignments
- Aptitude with machine diagnostics, functionality, and equipment testing
- Critical thinking skills to diagnose problems and repair issues in an effective manner
- Multitasking capability with ability to identify and execute priority tasks
Education and Experiences:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 0-2 Years of Mechanical Experience
- Working towards associates degree
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The ability to stand or walk for 8-10 hrs a day
- Capable of lifting 25 lbs.
- Capable of bending, twisting, crouching, or kneeling
- Overtime may be required with short notice. Some weekend work may be required
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.