Technical Service Chemist
- 4647 Hugh Howell Rd, Tucker, GA 30084, USA
- FLSA Status: Exempt
POSITION SCOPE SUMMARY:
Reporting to the Technical Sales & Support Manager, the Chemist will be responsible and accountable for providing technical expertise and product knowledge support to R&D, Marketing and Sales. Enable the sales process/team through understanding, training and defining solutions for customer needs and problems. Supports the businesses distribution partner network through product knowledge, safety and training. Must have sales focused mentality. This role will collaborate effectively with other functional areas to define, prioritize, and execute on the division strategy.
Preferred: Incumbent will be based in Tucker, GA location and report to the Technical Sales & Support Manager.
• Cultivate New Business Opportunities & Support the Sales (field and segment) through:
o Engineering specifications information related to new business
o Product recommendations / product trialing
o Customer back innovation projects/procedures
o MRO chemical consolidation process
o In-plant MRO chemical safety training
o In plant or webinar-based product training
o Other design / compliance related opportunities
o Product specification review, acquisition, and maintenance
o Technical presentations, industry journal articles, white paper development, and product training
o Lab projects/product training
o Collaborating with Industry Segment Managers
• Develop and maintain a proactive field travel schedule to service/support sales in targeted end-users and focus industry segments showing interest in the above areas.
• Communicate all opportunities to the Sales Department through SFDC.
• Work with the R&D and Marketing Departments to obtain competitive product samples and provide information on competitive products, new product applications, including performance comparisons. Collaborate with R&D and Marketing regarding CBI (customer back innovation - new product) projects.
• Assist the Marketing Department with the development of marketing collaterals.
• Work in collaboration with Technical Sales & Support Manager and Technical Sales Team to develop and deliver product specific training programs for RSMs, Segment Leaders, customer service, end users and distribution partners.
• Gather/analyze outside-in data from customers in collaboration with Marketing and Sales teams.
• Provide technical support to distributors and end-users through telephone, email, field visits, and verbal communication.
• Perform other assignments to meet company objectives, i.e., VOC interviews, technical presentations, etc.
• Provide and manage reports to demonstrate progress in goal achievement through CRM system (SFDC).
• Interfaces with other departments, customers and/or suppliers to coordinate and resolve sales business related issues.
• Works with appropriate team members to analyzes customer concerns/complaints to identify risks and/or areas of improvement.
• Researches improvement ideas and embraces improvement projects to better the sales business.
• Follows the 80/20 philosophy in prioritizing daily tasks and serves as a contributing member of the Technical Operations Staff.
• Professional represents company in a number of diverse settings including active participation in required audits and other related meetings.
• Foster, communicate and exemplify the values of ITW; act with integrity and trust, operate with simplicity, treat everyone with respect, take shared risk.
• Travel as needed for business needs (20%-50%).
• Performs other duties as assigned.
CORE SKILLS/EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biology or any related directly to Manufacturing
Operations or Sales. Experience in chemical industry or aerosol manufacturing a plus.
• Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in a combination of technical sales, or quality control, compliance and technical services within the industrial chemical marketplace.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Power Point) and Outlook. Strong written, verbal and collaborative communication skills.
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, manage priorities and work independently as well as on a team.
• Must possess a mechanical aptitude.
• Well-developed emotional quotient, able to relate well to people at all levels inside and outside the organization such as operators, executives, suppliers, customers, etc.
• Commitment and willingness to strive toward achieving goals and business objectives. Acts with a sense of urgency to drive results.
• Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and willing to take initiative with focus on the key initiatives and opportunities for improvement and growth.
• Self-starter, highly motivated, follows directions well and can work with little or no supervision.
• Able to adapt effectively to changes in the work environment in a positive manner; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
• Possess an entrepreneurial spirit to drive organizational focus on the key initiatives and opportunities.
• Excellent communication skills with all levels of the company and customers.
• Able to effectively work with and through others in a collaborative environment.
• Takes ownership and drives positive change.
• Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills with experience in working with all levels of company and outside resources.
• Able to adapt to changes in the work environment.
• Proficient time management and prioritization skills.
• Ability to travel 20-50% and as needed for business demands.
ITW Pro Brands is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.