- N822 Communication Dr, Appleton, WI 54914, USA
- FLSA Status: Exempt
Miller® is about building things that matter. We lead the welding industry in building advanced, solution-focused products and meeting crucial needs for welding safety and health.
We’re about the partnership and the work. Our products are designed with our users for manufacturing, fabrication, construction, aviation, motorsports, education, agriculture and marine applications.
Miller Electric Mfg. LLC, is headquartered in Appleton, Wisconsin, and wholly owned by Illinois Tool Works (NYSE: ITW). The company maintains its industry leadership by setting the standard for reliability, quality and responsiveness. Our tagline, “The Power of Blue®,” is inspired by the blue color of Miller equipment.
The company began with an innovation that responded to customer needs, growing from a one-man operation in 1929, to the world’s largest manufacturer of arc welding products. Miller keeps the tradition alive by focusing on its top priority: people.
This role is responsible for directing production employees toward goals and objectives, assigning duties, examining the work performed, monitoring work performance and procedures, analyzing and resolving work/team problems as well as suggesting and initiating plans for increased efficiencies in the operation. As a leader, he/she will be responsible for promoting an engaged, safe work environment, measuring productivity, understanding and reducing costs, producing on-time delivery, developing employees/teams, rewarding for performance and work to instill ITW Culture/Values and tool usage into employee's daily routines.
- Coach and develop work teams to have positive and proactive attitudes, personal accountability, and superior manufacturing quality as well as encouraging ownership of operations, products and processes.
- Through employee involvement, the Production Manager will lead safety, cost, quality, delivery, and productivity initiatives as well as continue to encourage empowerment and to drive ITW principles as well as 80/20 efforts.
- Build employee relationships through daily, open, and direct communication while empowering teams to achieve manufacturing goals.
- Be visible and approachable, creating an environment of trust and followership.
- Promote an engaged and safe workplace environment and foster a safety-first mindset where employees have accountability for self and others.
- Work closely with Manufacturing Engineering to maintain and improve the manufacturing environment to harmoniously respond to changing customer needs and demands through facilitating area layout, processing plans and selecting equipment to simplify and focus manufacturing processes.
- Drive customer service within all areas of the department.
- Demonstrate and encourage effective communications to personnel at all levels and training employees/team members to resolve conflict in a fair, consistent, and empowered manner within a team environment.
- Develop & support Line Leaders and assess team members’ performance and goals regularly, encouraging the achievement of effective goals.
- Assist/support teams in the utilization of all available resources.
- Participate in committees/teams as required.
- Provide reports on critical information.
- Understand how our factory production system develops and fulfills products.
- Builds a network of inter-company peers and subject matter experts for consultation on best practices for managing people and for system/process efficiency.
- Will work closely with support staff and Human Resources.
- Maintains key contacts with Miller businesses to identify information and resources that provide superior cost, quality, and delivery of our product to our customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain or related.
- Ability to maintain a strong culture, while evolving with organizational, workforce demographical, and market changes.
- Ability to lead and work through others to build credibility and accountability.
- Business acumen, to include understanding of financial operations and supply chain leverage.
- Proven experience in leading a team in a manufacturing production environment.
- Proven ability to apply lean manufacturing principles and tools.
- Demonstrated understanding of the P&L statement and the manufacturing cost-drivers.
- Skilled at performance management; providing formal and informal feedback to employees
- Possess the track record of a proven leader and team player, demonstrates positive attitude, takes personal accountability, coaches, listens, and resolves issues/conflicts in timely manner.
- Exhibit encouragement of diverse ideas, focus on coaching/developing strengths of team members and facilitate effective communication between shifts
- Be customer-focused with management, support staff, customers and suppliers; understand how the business functions link together to support the customer (i.e. engineering, materials, and sales)
- Strong computer, oral and written communication skills
- Continuing education and/or self-development
- Experience driving employee involvement/engagement and encouraging creativity.
ITW Welding is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.