Channel Marketing Director
- 1635 W Spencer St, Appleton, WI 54914, USA
- FLSA Status: Exempt
Miller® is about building things that matter. We lead the welding industry in building advanced, solution-focused products and meeting crucial needs for welding safety and health.
We’re about the partnership and the work. Our products are designed with our users for manufacturing, fabrication, construction, aviation, motorsports, education, agriculture and marine applications.
Miller Electric Mfg. LLC, is headquartered in Appleton, Wisconsin, and wholly owned by Illinois Tool Works (NYSE: ITW). The company maintains its industry leadership by setting the standard for reliability, quality and responsiveness. Our tagline, “The Power of Blue®,” is inspired by the blue color of Miller equipment.
The company began with an innovation that responded to customer needs, growing from a one-man operation in 1929, to the world’s largest manufacturer of arc welding products. Miller keeps the tradition alive by focusing on its top priority: people.
The Channel Marketing Director is a key strategic role in the organization, reporting to the Director of Marketing. This leader will be responsible for go-to-market (GTM) strategies of established products in a fragmented market segment. It will focus on how we reach target customers, create demand and achieve competitive advantage throughout the customer journey. As many of the pre-purchase critical touchpoints occur online, a successful candidate must possess a strong digital marketing competence, including ecommerce experience. In addition, this role will require a data-driven mindset, with an ability to take consumer insight and turn it into actionable plans to deliver results through collaboration across all internal business units focusing on the fragmented market.
- Develop a coordinated Marketing roadmap for our personal user and small business segment to deliver a unified, world-class customer experience throughout their path-to-purchase. Considerations include promotions, industry relationships and omni-channel presence and engagement.
- Translate GTM strategy to execution and bring it to life by articulating the vision and inspiring collaboration across a decentralized organization to optimize performance and impact.
- Lead content strategy development for key segments and create a detailed plan to deliver relevant communications to our targeted end-users throughout the path-to-purchase.
- Stay up-to-date with consumer behaviors, marketing innovations, and competitive landscape to guide brand and channel strategies to best position ITW Welding.
- Provide strategic thought leadership to distribution partners on digital best practices and end-user insights to align efforts of digital active channel partners with ITW’s GTM strategy
- Manage relationships and provide strategic direction to marketing agencies to include planning, strategy, and asset utilization
- Measure, analyze and report on marketing performance through KPIs, demonstrate ROI, provide actionable insights, and build best practices to enable continuous improvement
- Provide strong leadership and talent development for the Go-To-Market team
- Collaborate with the CRM team to onboard marketing automation targeted at the fragmented markets
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, Marketing or a related field, Preferred MBA
- 10+ years of experience in marketing and campaign development
- 5-8 years direct experience in digital marketing, e-commerce
- Experience with CRM and marketing automation
- Strong team management and executive-level communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated history of success in high accountability, results oriented organization and the business perspective and acumen to continue to advance
- Ability to thrive in a large decentralized organization
- Excellent analytical and project management skills
ITW Welding is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.