- N855 N Mayflower Dr, Appleton, WI 54914, USA
- FLSA Status: Exempt
Miller® is about building things that matter. We lead the welding industry in building advanced, solution-focused products and meeting crucial needs for welding safety and health.
We’re about the partnership and the work. Our products are designed with our users for manufacturing, fabrication, construction, aviation, motorsports, education, agriculture and marine applications.
Miller Electric Mfg. LLC, is headquartered in Appleton, Wisconsin, and wholly owned by Illinois Tool Works (NYSE: ITW). The company maintains its industry leadership by setting the standard for reliability, quality and responsiveness. Our tagline, “The Power of Blue®,” is inspired by the blue color of Miller equipment.
The company began with an innovation that responded to customer needs, growing from a one-man operation in 1929, to the world’s largest manufacturer of arc welding products. Miller keeps the tradition alive by focusing on its top priority: people.
This role is responsible for facilitating and implementing both manufacturing and facility improvements across the division.
- Understand, maintain, and continually improve manufacturing/assembly processes as related to safety, quality, efficiency, and delivery.
- Develop new and maintain existing facility/manufacturing layouts
- Work with operations team to develop production capacity and contingency plans for the division.
- Apply ITW Toolbox principles to the division operations
- Co-own the development, implementation, and sustainment of a 6S program.
- Collaborate with manufacturing teams and management to effectively support safety related initiatives.
- Collaborate with operations team to be a manufacturing process expert, and act as a coach/trainer for critical manufacturing/assembly processes.
- Support and maintain formal manufacturing assembly documentation
- Design and develop various assembly aids or fixtures
- Manage external contractors and internal maintenance support resources as needed.
- Justify and procure capital equipment/tooling for existing or new processes
- Understand and ensure compliance with government regulations as related to our business.
- Work closely with engineering disciplines to ensure new product manufacturing processes are created to ensure employee safety, customer quality, efficient assembly, and on time delivery.
- All other duties as assigned by management
- BS degree in Manufacturing, Industrial Engineering, or related field.
- 2+ years of professional work experience
- Ability to work well independently and in a team setting, especially as part of a cross functional team.
- Proven project management and facility layout skills
- Strong leadership, organizational, and decision making skills
- Excellent problem solving capability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize projects
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Ability to lead effectively in a team based organization
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, AutoCad and Solidworks
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.