- 1635 W Spencer St, Appleton, WI 54914, USA
- FLSA Status: Exempt
Miller® is about building things that matter. We lead the welding industry in building advanced, solution-focused products and meeting crucial needs for welding safety and health.
We’re about the partnership and the work. Our products are designed with our users for manufacturing, fabrication, construction, aviation, motorsports, education, agriculture and marine applications.
Miller Electric Mfg. LLC, is headquartered in Appleton, Wisconsin, and wholly owned by Illinois Tool Works (NYSE: ITW). The company maintains its industry leadership by setting the standard for reliability, quality and responsiveness. Our tagline, “The Power of Blue®,” is inspired by the blue color of Miller equipment.
The company began with an innovation that responded to customer needs, growing from a one-man operation in 1929, to the world’s largest manufacturer of arc welding products. Miller keeps the tradition alive by focusing on its top priority: people.
Miller Electric Mfg, LLC, an affiliate of Illinois Tool Works, continues to build new product development leadership capabilities for designing and launching world class welding solutions that provide strong customer value with superior high-performing, durable systems. This role is a key staff position within the Commercial Welding Platform that requires both strategic and tactical leadership of top platform projects across multiple operating divisions within Commercial Welding Platform. Primary responsibility will be to lead new product development in the Commercial Welding Platform by deploying proven methods of project planning and management.
- Under general direction, this position will be responsible to ensure key projects are delivered on-time, within scope, within budget, and stated objectives are met. This person will:
- Lead project teams through all stages of the new product development process including needs assessment, conceptualization, development, and final implementation
- Define project scope and objectives, involving relevant stakeholders and ensuring feasibility
- Develop detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports
- Communicate project status and escalation to leadership as needed
- Conduct project meetings and be responsible for project tracking and analysis
- Assess, manage, and mitigate project risks
- Ensure adherence to quality standards and review project deliverables
- Drive and manage the tollgates
- Recommend and take action to direct the analysis and solutions of problems
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Business is required
- 5-10 years of experience leading product development activities with disciplined development process and project management techniques
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to work with cross functional teams
- Excellent facilitation skills
- Capable of building trust and influencing the actions of others without direct authority
- Effectively communicate at all levels of the organization
- Experience in working with customers and vendors
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.