Applications Engineer – Industrial Ovens
- 8860 207th Street, Minneapolis, MN, United States
- FLSA Status: Exempt
ITW EAE is a division of the Illinois Tools Works, Inc. (NYSE: ITW), a Fortune 200 global industrial manufacturer with operations in 58 countries. ITW EAE is a developer and provider of capital equipment used in electronics manufacturing, and is found in premier printed circuit board (PCB) assembly facilities the world over. ITW EAE comprised with industry-leading brands: MPM stencil printing equipment for electronic materials; Camalot Systems fluid dispensers; Electrovert reflow soldering, wave soldering, and curing, and cleaning equipment; Vitronic Soltec selective soldering, reflow soldering and wave soldering equipment; and Despatch industrial oven and furnaces.
Intermediate level position in the application engineering career field. The individual is required to have good customer interaction skills and should show the previous experience of interacting with customers, and project management expertise. General knowledge of electrical/mechanical machinery, preferably in the heat processing or related industry is required. The individual must have solid communication, time management and project management skills. The successful candidate will be passionate about technology, thrive on customer interaction and have the ability to multi-task. The position is responsible for providing timely creative applications support to customers and channel partners for the Despatch portfolio of products. Responsible for supporting the Sales manager and data base through utilization of CRM (Sales Force).
- Experience in applications engineering specific to capital equipment
- Working knowledge of electrical/mechanical machinery
- Knowledge of manufacturing engineering procedures.
- Knowledge of factory information/automation systems (MES, FIS, SECS/GEM,…) is a plus.
- Intermediate test and debug skills in hardware, software, and mechanics.
- Strong written communications skills, including engineering test procedure, plans, reports and operating manuals.
- Build relationships at Despatch / ITW EAE’s key customers
- Assist Channel Partners (sales agents) in sales calls with customers at Despatch / ITW EAE sites and customer sites by presenting product features, functions and benefit’s
- Work closely with existing and potential channel partners on opportunities and promote the Despatch product line offerings for solutions.
- Identify gaps in equipment / options offering to primary markets.
- Provides Sales support to customers, prospects and Despatch / ITW EAE personnel
- Evaluate product & service marketability in terms of customers’ technical needs
- Remain current in industry trends and technical developments affecting target markets
- Develop and maintain communications in a cooperative and professional manner with all levels of staff and customers
- Provide input into sales strategies as required (segmentation to target account)
- Assist in the development of sales tools, including: Datasheets, ROI calculators, Product presentations, Application Notes, and Product Roadmap Presentations
- Product and process-related sales channel training and ongoing capability communications (partnering with Marketing Services team).
- RFQ Generation and Sales Order Preparation
- Contribution to lead development and distribution of sales leads
- CRM (Salesforce.com) workflow rules, process automation and report generation
- CRM (Salesforce.com) liaison, administration and training
- Monitor and enforce CRM processes and utilization
- Integration of critical CRM applications (Conga, email, Action Grid)
- Development and maintenance of quote templates and price-books
- Performs other job-related duties and responsibilities as may be occasionally assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree and 2-5 years technical sales and/or relevant technical experience
- Engineering degree preferred
- Understanding of the heat processing or other capital equipment industry. Knowledge of Electronics, Optical, Medical Device and materials markets desired.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Sales negotiation skills
- Ability to work with people.
Ability to travel 25%
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please email ITW EAE Human Resouces to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.