- W Broad St, Spartanburg, SC 29306, USA
ISN Corporation is conducting undercover tobacco compliance inspections for the Food and Drug Administration in South Carolina. The purpose of these inspections is to ensure that the retailers are not selling tobacco products to underage teens. Learn more about this program by visiting: http://www.fda.gov/TobaccoProducts
Teenagers between the ages of 16 and 17 are needed to work as underage purchasers with FDA-certified inspectors during non-confrontational retail compliance checks. Hours are flexible and based off of the inspector and teen’s schedules. Underage purchasers will travel with credentialed inspectors and attempt to purchase tobacco using their valid identification. They will fill out short, descriptive reports on the details of the purchase and will be willing to testify as necessary. Safety is of great importance: Compliance checks are not performed at locations where either the inspector or teen is known or does not feel secure.
· Complete two one-hour long orientations
· Must be under the age of 17 years and 9 months when performing any compliance check. Applicants over the age of 17 and 9 months will not be considered.
· Work approximately 10-15 hours per week with an FDA commissioned inspector who has passed a background examination
· Access to a car is not needed for the underage purchaser
· Purchasers will not deceive the retailer in any way—they will dress normally, use valid identification, and will not lie about their age.
· Looks great on college applications and we will write recommendation letters
· Competitive compensation
PLEASE NOTE : If you apply for this position and you are NOT between the ages of 16 and 17 , then your application will be automatically rejected.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $10.35 /hour