Experienced Background Investigator - Independent Contractor
- WA-99, Seattle, WA, USA
Headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland, ISN Corporation is a nationwide provider of specialized professional services to Federal government agencies. ISN's portfolio includes work with over 100 Federal agencies.
ISN Corporation has been awarded a place in the Washington Business Journal's list of the 50 Fastest Growing Government Contractors. ISN is also on the Business Inc. Magazine's 5000 List of Fastest Growing Private Companies for the last two years.
ISN Corporation is seeking Experienced Background Investigators
Title: Experienced Background Investigators (Independent Contractor)
Location: Seattle, WA. - Remote
- Candidates for experienced investigator roles: (1) are current investigators trained to the National Training Standard (NTS); (2) have experience conducting Federal Background Investigations (e.g., for OPM, FBI, ICE, CBP); and (3) must be able to pass an NTS assessment. The candidate’s clearance or favorable adjudication of an SSBI must be current and in good standing. Candidates with more than an 18-month consecutive break in service still may be considered for placement as an experienced investigator; however, they will be required to attend New Investigator Training.
- Experienced background investigators conduct background investigations on a large and national background investigations (BI) program that provides investigation products and services to departments and agencies of the federal government. These investigations are conducted in support of national security or in the interest of public trust. These investigations are conducted in support of national security or in the interest of public trust. They are used as
the basis for suitability and security clearance determinations as required by Executive Orders and other federal regulations and requirements. Experienced investigator responsibilities include.
- Conduct fieldwork to obtain all pertinent, required factual information and report it in a non-biased manner in a clear and concise Report of Investigation.
- Accept assignments of cases that contain the most complex derogatory issues or special coverage or reporting requirements.
- Possess strong work ethic, impeccable integrity, and a passion to support national security initiatives and represent our federal customer with the highest level of professionalism.
- Conduct face-to-face interviews with the subject of investigation, his or her references (both provided by the subject and those you develop independently), as well as neighbors, coworkers, supervisors, friends, and other associates, as necessary.
- Complete record searches at places of employment, residences, law enforcement agencies, courthouses, and mental health, financial, educational institutions, or other record repositories, as needed.
- Work independently and securely from your home with minimal day to day supervision.
- Meet government and industry standards for quality, integrity, timeliness, and productivity.
- Train new investigators, conduct check rides with other investigators or conduct security and integrity audits for contract compliance purposes.
- You will all be issued a laptop with the federal government's mandated reporting software. Customary expenses incurred during casework, such as parking, tolls, metro fees, and required record fees will be reimbursed.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Bachelor’s Degree or 4 years of general work experience that demonstrate your ability to perform investigations.
- Obtain & maintain a security clearance or favorable adjudication of a national security background investigation, consisting of 10+ years of history.
- Pass a mandatory post-offer drug test and be subject to random drug testing throughout your employment with ISN.
- Maintain highest level of confidentiality, ethics and integrity.
- Possess a professional demeanor and attitude, with an ability to adopt and adapt to change.
- Have strong writing and communication skills, including the ability to establish rapport quickly and communicate well with individuals from various backgrounds.
- Have excellent problem solving, time management, organization, scheduling and prioritization skills.
- Possess a valid driver's license a favorable driver history and reliable transportation are required.
- Carry sufficient motor vehicle insurance, specifics of which may be changed from time to time.
- Have intermediate or better typing (40+ WPM) and computer skills.
- Be willing to travel on temporary duty assignments of up to 3-4 weeks at a time to complete work outside your normal work area, as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including, but not limited to, serving as a mentor, trainer or observer for check rides with new personnel or other investigators, or perform security and integrity audits, as needed.
- If there has been more than an 18-consecutive month break in service, the experienced investigator must be able to complete and pass the New Investigator Training course, which includes 3 weeks of classroom training at our training facility in Bethesda, Maryland.
- Location: Remote
ISN Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
ISN Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion,sex, age, national
origin, protected veteran status, disability status, marital status,
genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ISN Corporation is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a
pre-employment background investigation before beginning employment.