- New York, NY, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Location: Flexible, ISF team members are based in multiple locations around the globe and work remotely or from co-working spaces.
ISF Advisors is the leading strategic and financial advisory group committed to mobilizing capital for a more sustainable, equitable, and productive global food system.
Building on a decade of industry research, the ISF Advisors team combines experience from top-tier strategy, investment banking, and corporate finance firms to help the public and private sector develop more practical, profitable, and sustainable financial solutions. This combination of expertise allows us to analyze problems with a systems lens and structure investment solutions that mobilize different forms of investment and philanthropic capital.
Our sector leading research on agriculture and food systems generates ideas and insights to inform investment strategy for public and private funders. In addition to issues affecting smallholder farmers and rural enterprise, we have deep experience working in adjacent areas including technology, youth, gender, nutrition, climate change, forestry, and land use.
ISF Advisors has become a trusted advisor and partner to leading institutions involved in food systems, including many of the world’s largest investors, donors, companies, NGOs, and foundations. For more information, visit our website: www.isfadvisors.org
As ISF deepens its work with organizations across the world that are structuring capital and designing products for sustainable food and agriculture systems, there is a need for a self-motivated Associate Director to take a strong lead on core parts of the project portfolio.
- Work with ISF Directors on transaction development and deal execution for ISF clients, including due diligence, structuring, investment process, and documentation. Projects may include but are not limited to:
- Design and launch thematic impact investment fund or financial mechanism to address an identified market gap.
- Assess financial needs of social enterprises, agro-enterprises, or rural financial institutions and support development of pitch materials and outreach to prospective investors.
- Project manage the development of new partnerships focused on rural financial inclusion, working with agro-enterprises, investment companies, and/or financial service providers.
- Develop or evaluate investment pipeline for an agricultural investment fund.
- Conduct market landscape analyses, feasibility assessment, and option prioritization for new rural financial model opportunities with ISF clients.
- Conduct in-depth due diligence, including financial, market, legal, and stakeholder analyses related to corporate advisory and specific problem-solving mandates.
- Build and oversee team members to develop financial models that cover operations, cash flow, capital structure, and macro-economic impacts and produce projections, valuations, and credit analyses.
- Draft term sheets and review legal documents in connection with project execution.
- Produce clear, concise written materials, and presentations.
- Oversee or advise on individual and team work plan, including tasks and milestones.
- Support direct intellectual input and analysis for original ISF research efforts, engage with key stakeholders to further the team’s understanding, and support the production and creation of publishable content, in collaboration with ISF’s communications team.
- Facilitate multi-stakeholder relationships with financial institutions, agricultural enterprises, philanthropic organizations, and other stakeholders for the benefit of ISF.
- Take a leading role with ISF Directors in origination, business development, outreach, and network-building efforts.
- Travel as needed to support implementation.
- 10+ years professional experience in a transactional environment: emerging markets investment banking, project finance, private equity, venture capital, equity/credit research, investment management, financial advisory, or comparable experience at a leading financial institution.
- Experience and comfort in a fast-paced, multi-tasking transactional environment.
- Significant experience in financial modeling.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills applied towards understanding and interpreting business operations, management capabilities, and practices as they relate to market financial requirements.
- Demonstrated experience getting things done independently under ambiguous circumstances, particularly in developing countries.
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to present information in an insightful and structured manner, both written and oral.
- Professionalism and demonstrated experience working with senior executives and officials in the private and/ or public sector.
- Familiarity with innovative finance for development and common development finance tools (e.g., risk guarantees, concessional lending, blended finance, etc.).
- Passion for application of innovative financial structures towards inclusive and sustainable markets.
If you are interested in this position and meet the qualifications above, please submit a one-page cover letter and resume when applying.
ISF provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Individuals from all backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.