- 1300 Clairevue Blvd West, Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville, Québec, Canada
- Sub department: AI/ML
Propel your career by joining in our growth! At ISAAC, you will work with talented collaborators, where teamwork and learning are a priority. We align your goals with those of the company, and provide mentoring, training and opportunities to match your ambitions.
ISAAC is a technology company dedicated to the trucking industry. We design and manufacture solutions that help fleets improve performance, compliance and safety. We are actively developing ISAAC’s Internet of TrucksTM by always connecting more objects aboard the vehicle, and provide business intelligence to transporters thanks to big data.
Since it was founded in 1999, ISAAC remains a leader in the fleet management solution market across Canada.
Are you ready to take part in a major project and be a key contributor in revamping our existing data platform? As one of the largest providers of fleet management solutions across Canada, ISAAC is growing its market share in the United States, a transportation market with enormous potential. This growth will be marked by new projects related to cloud infrastructure and AI. As a Data Specialist, you will transform data into usable information for analytics stakeholders and reporting purposes. This will be accomplished through development, maintenance and testing of the data handling infrastructure. Your role will be instrumental in enabling architecture solutions for BI Analytics, Data Science and advanced modeling projects.
- Create and maintain optimal and scalable data pipeline architecture
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements
- Build an infrastructure for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from internal and external data sources
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, redesigning infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build analytics tools that use the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into clients’ fleet performance, transport-related KPI’s, operational efficiency and other key performance metrics
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Software and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Work with data and domain experts to achieve greater functionality in our data systems
- Be a change agent & Agile mindset promoter
- Be connected to the industry to know trends and suggest innovative ideas.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- 2+ years’ industry experience working with data, coding and scripting (Python/Java/Scala/SQL/JS/Bash), design and testing
- 2+ years’ experience developing and administering cloud data systems
- Solid knowledge of CS fundamentals in algorithms and data structures
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Cassandra is a plus
- Experience with cloud services like, AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift or, Azure cloud services: ADF, Azure Synapse Analytics, ADLS, Databrick, etc.
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Event Stream, Storm, Spark-Streaming is a plus
- Experience with object-oriented / object function scripting languages: Python, C#, C++, Scala, etc.
- Willingness to participate in all levels of project work when necessary
- Intermediate communication and writing skills in French and English.
Collaborators are at the center of ISAAC’s interests and values. This explains the numerous benefits of working at ISAAC, namely:
- varied career opportunities
- a stimulating work environment focused on innovation
- enthusiastic and collaborative teams
- competitive salaries and benefits promoting work-life balance: a complete group insurance plan, group RRSP, an EAP, flexible hours, 4 weeks of vacation, etc.
- various social activities and free snacks every day.