Software Developer - Integrations
- 1300 Clairevue Boulevard West, Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville, Québec, Canada
- Sub department: API Integration
Propel your career by joining in our growth! At ISAAC, you will work with talented collaborators, where teamwork and learning are a priority. We align your goals with those of the company, and provide mentoring, training and opportunities to match your ambitions.
ISAAC is a technology company dedicated to the trucking industry. We design and manufacture solutions that help fleets improve performance, compliance and safety. We are actively developing ISAAC’s Internet of TrucksTM by always connecting more objects aboard the vehicle, and provide business intelligence to transporters thanks to big data.
Since it was founded in 1999, ISAAC remains a leader in the fleet management solution market across Canada.
Are you an experienced and talented software developer, as well as a people-oriented, hardworking, self-starter who is passionate about providing top-grade client service? Then this position may be a good fit. We seek a senior integrations software developer who will be responsible for software development in multi-application, multi-server, and hosted environments. This position centers around embedded development (primarily in C#, .NET, SQL, SSRS, mobile) and working with ISAAC’s partner Tranztec and ISAAC’s development and API teams. In addition to your role as a developer, you will provide tier III system support to our internal API Specialists to meet the needs of both internal and external clients. You will participate in all facets of the software development life cycle (SDLC), and the idea of providing high-quality service in a fast-paced environment get your juices flowing.
- Maintain and modify the software and system configurations of production, staged, and test applications
- Interface with different stakeholders to determine and propose effective technology solutions to meet business and technical objectives
- Assist in creating ad defining processes and procedures for managing data integration
- Define and implement data exchange models between on-premise and cloud systems (including security, traceability, audit, performance and risk)
- Participate in all phases of the custom software development process throughout the product life cycle. This includes the research, model, design, code, debug, test, defect resolution, documentation and maintenance processes.
- Design and develop efficient, compatible and secure custom software applications to deliver complete and highly reliable software and improve end-user experience
- Develop interfaces, applications and other technical solutions to support the business needs
- Assist with the creation and architecture of system requirements, technical specifications, and test plans
- Assist in defining the scope of technical projects; provide milestones, identify dependencies and development time estimates
- Performance optimization, scalability, architecture and troubleshooting
- Assist with the creation of technical documentation as needed
- Provide occasional after-hours support to the on-call support staff on an emergency basis
- Some off-site work and travel may be required.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Minimum seven years of hands-on experience with data integration, API integration development and complex integration projects
- Experience with transportation management (TMS) and telematics solutions in the transportation or logistics fields
- Ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative environment
- Hardworking, with ability to work under tight deadlines
- Client service oriented
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Strong communication skills
- People-oriented, friendly, and patient
- Fast learner, quick thinking
- Self-starter, responsible
- Ability to maintain a high-quality productivity level within a fast-paced environment
Collaborators are at the center of ISAAC’s interests and values. This explains the numerous benefits of working at ISAAC, namely:
- varied career opportunities
- a stimulating work environment focused on innovation
- enthusiastic and collaborative teams
- competitive salaries and benefits promoting work-life balance: a complete group insurance plan, group RRSP, an EAP, flexible hours, 4 weeks of vacation, etc.
- various social activities and free snacks every day.