Database Administrator (DBA)
- 1300, Clairevue Boulevard West, Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville, Québec, Canada
- Sub department: IT
Propel your career by joining in our growth! At ISAAC, you will work with talented collaborators, where teamwork and learning are a priority. We align your goals with those of the company, and provide mentoring, training and opportunities to match your ambitions.
ISAAC is a technology company dedicated to the trucking industry. We design and manufacture solutions that help fleets improve performance, compliance and safety. We are actively developing ISAAC’s Internet of TrucksTM by always connecting more objects aboard the vehicle, and provide business intelligence to transporters thanks to big data.
Since it was founded in 1999, ISAAC remains a leader in the fleet management solution market across Canada.
Our cloud-based platform combines enterprise communications such as video, mobility, collaboration, and messaging.
As a Database Administrator, you will be essential to our continued success. You will be responsible for designing, integrating, and managing the platform data services that interface with our growing portfolio of products. The successful candidate will take ownership of the resolution of production issues, implementation, and maintenance of the overall data services infrastructure.
This is your opportunity to join an exciting business that is poised to experience significant growth. You will work closely with the Cloud team, the IT, and the lead DBA.
- Assess and develop long-term strategic goals for production databases
- Design and implement redundant systems, policies, and procedures for disaster recovery and data archiving to ensure adequate protection and integrity of data assets
- Work with the Infrastructure teams to ensure databases and critical data are adequately backed up and protected per the needs of the application’s primary stakeholder and the firm’s disaster recovery and data retention policies.
- Provide day-to-day support for the firm’s SQL systems and applications, including monitoring database health to ensure a stable environment and diagnosing and resolving database access and performance issues.
- Gather requirements and translate them into data distribution and utilization needs; design databases meeting specifications addressing content management, content indexing, reporting, and workflow requirements.
- Plan and coordinate data migrations between systems.
- Develop, implement, and maintain change control and testing processes for modifications to databases.
- Design, implement and maintain cloud-based database systems when required.
- Ensure all proposed changes to the live application or infrastructure environments are suitably tested with roll-back capability and change controls exercised accordingly.
- Provide third line applications support and database administration support; troubleshoot and resolve escalated issues.
- Provide timely responses and resolution towards database backup, restore, mirroring, and synchronization requests.
- Assist the development team in the optimization of queries and scripts
- Other duties as assigned to meet the requirements of the position.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems or related certifications
- Expert understanding of concepts of High Availability and Disaster Recovery with respect to database systems
- Strong experience with SQL 2016 or newer version
- Knowledge of implementation, configuration, and management of high availability SQL clusters
- Strong understanding of cloud database technologies (Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, etc.)
- Ability to document processes and procedures, including technical diagrams towards organizational data flow
- Able to interact positively and with tact with all levels and be a good team player
- Able to make decisions and remain calm while under pressure – particularly when dealing with difficult situations
- Experience with Postgres, time-series databases, or other NoSQL databases
- Full proficiency in French and English.
Collaborators are at the center of ISAAC’s interests and values. This explains the numerous benefits of working at ISAAC, namely:
- varied career opportunities
- a stimulating work environment focused on innovation
- enthusiastic and collaborative teams
- competitive salaries and benefits promoting work-life balance: a complete group insurance plan, group RRSP, an EAP, flexible hours, 4 weeks of vacation, etc.
- various social activities and free snacks every day.