Quality Assurance Analyst - Automation
- 1300 Clairevue Boulevard West, Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville, Québec, Canada
- Sub department: Quality Assurance
Propel your career by joining in our growth! At ISAAC, you will work with talented collaborators, where teamwork and learning are a priority. We align your goals with those of the company, and provide mentoring, training and opportunities to match your ambitions.
ISAAC is a technology company dedicated to the trucking industry. We design and manufacture solutions that help fleets improve performance, compliance and safety. We are actively developing ISAAC’s Internet of TrucksTM by always connecting more objects aboard the vehicle, and provide business intelligence to transporters thanks to big data.
Since it was founded in 1999, ISAAC remains a leader in the fleet management solution market across Canada.
If you are rigorous and passionate about software testing and R&D processes, join the quality assurance team in ISAAC’s R&D department. As a Quality Assurance Analyst, you will participate in improving the quality of and maintaining ISAAC Instruments’ telemetry software. Your main responsibilities will be to participate in implementing a test automation framework and to monitor its performance in a continuous integration cycle.
Applications to be maintained:
- Data analysis application
- Real-time communication application with recorders for vehicle tracking
- Distributed client/server fleet management application
- SOA type application using .NET platform
- Help define the testing strategy and automated testing strategy
- Study and help choose the tools and best practices for test automation
- Developing, improving, performing and automating tests and validation tools
- Documenting test plans
- Resolving issues related to testing and developed tools
- Installing, configuring and testing new software iterations and updates
- Ensure the proper functioning of scripts and tools in Jenkins
- Analyzing, identifying causes, and sorting bugs
- Documenting test procedures to be executed by fellow team members
- Identifying and addressing system performance issues
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or software engineering, or any other training combined with relevant working experience
- 2 to 4 years’ experience in quality assurance, in a software development or high-tech company, or relevant working experience
- Extensive knowledge in the automation of REST web services and Android mobile application testing, ideally with Selenium webDriver, Appium, etc.
- Extensive knowledge of a Windows scripting language, ideally Java and Python.
- Excellent knowledge of the Windows environment
- Investigative mind and problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a team setting
- Strong communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of automated test programming (ex.: C#, Windows, PowerShell, Postman)
- Knowledge of .NET Framework 4.0+ and of C# language
- Knowledge of best practices - BDD , TDD , ATDD
- Knowledge of the Agile Scrum methodology
Collaborators are at the center of ISAAC’s interests and values. This explains the numerous benefits of working at ISAAC, namely:
- varied career opportunities
- a stimulating work environment focused on innovation
- enthusiastic and collaborative teams
- competitive salaries and benefits promoting work-life balance: a complete group insurance plan, group RRSP, an EAP, flexible hours, 4 weeks of vacation, etc
- various social activities and free snacks every day