Product Owner - User Experience
- 1300 Clairevue Boulevard West, Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville, QC, Canada
ISAAC Instruments designs and manufactures technological solutions that enable truck fleets to improve performance, productivity, compliance and safety.
Incorporated in 1999, ISAAC maintains a leading position as a supplier in the fleet management solution market in Canada. The company is actively developing the Internet of TrucksTM, by connecting more objects aboard the truck, and using big data so transporters can gain business intelligence and meet business objectives.
ISAAC Instruments benefits from sustained growth and has received several awards and nominations throughout the years, all of which are a testimony to its innovative character and its contribution to reducing fuel consumption of vehicles.
Does the challenge of supporting the expansion of a fast-growing company appeal to you? Did you start your career in UX/UI design and then take on a Product Owner’s role? Are you creative, enjoy UX research projects, and like working with developers in an Agile Scrum team environment?
If you answered yes to these questions, our Product team is looking for you! You will be responsible for translating business needs into specifications and developing strategies within the general software architecture of our products and systems. You will apply your analytical skills and creativity to supporting the technical teams and helping them identify requirements prior to developing solutions. Your UX/UI design skills will be called upon to lead the creation of UI designs and specifications.
- Take part in work sessions with end-users, clients, partners and internal stakeholders to collect business needs
- Facilitate design ideation and prototyping, and conduct usability sessions
- Analyze and document customer requests
- Write clear and comprehensive Product Backlog specifications, accompanied by conceptual designs and UI mock-ups
- Understand and translate business strategy, user research and market insights into actionable information, and architecture and interaction designs
- Ensure the Development Team correctly understands the requirements contained in the Product Backlog
- Act as a point of contact for stakeholders to identify and resolve functional issues
- Support technical teams during the design and programming phases to ensure deliverables meet expectations
- Assist the Quality Assurance team in drafting and testing implementation strategies
- Take part in the validation of deliverables with the technical team
- Update documentation connecting business requirements and test scenarios to ensure all requirements are addressed and tested
- University degree in a relevant field combined with at least five (5) years of experience as a UI/UX designer and three (3) years of experience as a Product Owner
- Experience in business-to-business, enterprise-grade software companies preferred
- Proven experience in responsive design concepts
- Experience with prototyping tools such as Balsamiq, Sketch and Adobe
- Great listener with strong interpersonal and communication skills, both spoken and written
- Solid problem-solving and analytical/deductive skills
- Ability to make the right decisions in various contexts, to influence and convince, and to anticipate change
- Indisputable drive to take on projects with energy and enthusiasm
- Attention to detail
- Full proficiency in French and English
- Experience with Azure DevOps
Contributors are at the center of ISAAC’s interests and values. This explains the numerous benefits of working at ISAAC, namely:
- Varied career opportunities
- A stimulating work environment focused on innovation
- Enthusiastic and collaborative teams
- Competitive salaries and benefits that promote work-life balance: a complete group insurance plan, group RRSP, EAP, flexible hours, 4 weeks vacation, etc.
- Various social activities, free snacks and coffee every day