- 1300 Clairevue Boulevard West, Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville, Quebec, Canada
ISAAC Instruments designs and manufactures technological solutions that enable truck fleets to improve performance, productivity, compliance, and safety.
Incorporated in 1999, ISAAC maintains a leading position as a supplier in the fleet management solution market in Quebec and is currently the only supplier of vehicle telemetry in North America. The company is actively developing the Internet of TrucksTM, by connecting more objects aboard the truck, and using big data so transporters can gain business intelligence and meet their objectives.
ISAAC Instruments benefits from sustained growth and has received several awards and nominations throughout the years, all of which are a testimony to its innovative character and its contribution to reducing fuel consumption of vehicles.
Are you looking to take on new challenges in a high-tech company with a stimulating environment where you can put your strengths to good use? Are you known for your analytical mind, your positive attitude, your resourcefulness, and your leadership? Join our accounting team as a Payroll Technician. Reporting to the Controller, the Payroll Technician works in close collaboration with the Accounting and Culture, Development and Engagement teams to coordinate activities related to the remuneration of all colleagues located in Quebec, Ontario, and Alberta.
- Prepare the full payroll cycle and enter information into the system for all colleagues
- Enter termination of employment data in the payroll system, along with changes in salary or contact information, etc.
- Check timesheets weekly and follow up with managers for approval
- Cooperate in the processing of disability cases and oversee the group insurance, RRSP, employee assistance (EAP), and training programs.
- Transmit submissions and information to various governmental organizations and external suppliers
- Prepare, calculate, and update the various time banks (vacation, sick leave, etc.) in the system and Excel spreadsheets
- Prepare T1 and T4 statements, summaries, and other required year-end statements
- Contribute to the development of controls and good governance of our payroll practices
- Prepare various reports related to payroll, compensation, and timesheets
- Provide exemplary customer service, acting as the point of contact for all colleagues for payroll-related matters
- Take part in certain special payroll-related projects
- DCS in accounting or human resources, or other relevant combination of training and experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar position
- Proficiency with Excel and the operations of a computerized accounting and payroll processing system
- Understanding of the full payroll cycle in Quebec, Ontario, and Alberta
- Analytical mindset with great attention to detail and information accuracy
- Sound judgment, discretion, and diplomacy
- Keen sense of responsibility and teamwork
- Bilingualism (English/French), both spoken and written
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner or Payroll Manager certification
- Knowledge of the Desjardins payroll system
- Good understanding of labour standards in Canadian provinces (Quebec, Ontario, and Alberta), as well as year-end procedures and special payments
Contributors are at the center of ISAAC’s interests and values. This explains the numerous benefits of working at ISAAC, namely:
- varied career opportunities
- a stimulating work environment focused on innovation
- enthusiastic and collaborative teams
- competitive salaries and benefits that promote work-life balance: a complete group insurance plan, group RRSP, EAP, flexible hours, 4 weeks vacation, etc.
- various social activities, free snacks and coffee every day