Safety and compliance specialist
- 1300 Clairevue Boulevard West, St-Bruno-de-Montarville, Quebec, Canada
ISAAC Instruments designs and manufactures technological solutions that enable truck fleets to improve performance, productivity, compliance, and safety.
Incorporated in 1999, ISAAC maintains a leading position as a supplier in the fleet management solution market in Quebec and is currently the only supplier of vehicle telemetry in North America. The company is actively developing the Internet of TrucksTM, by connecting more objects aboard the truck, and using big data so transporters can gain business intelligence and meet their objectives.
ISAAC Instruments benefits from sustained growth and has received several awards and nominations throughout the years, all of which are a testimony to its innovative character and its contribution to reducing fuel consumption of vehicles.
Does the challenge of supporting the expansion of a fast-growing company as a transportation compliance and safety expert appeal to you? The Safety and Compliance specialist at ISAAC supports all transportation compliance and safety efforts and continuous improvement initiatives across Canada and the U.S. In this position, you will report directly to the Head of Product.
- Stay on top current and future legislation and standards
- Participate in product development throughout the product life cycle, from a compliance and safety standpoint
- Represent ISAAC and take part in transportation industry associations, as well as regulatory and certification organizations
- Work collaboratively with ISAAC departments including Product, R&D, Client Experience and Marketing, to ensure all are aware of emerging safety measures, and compliance & regulatory products and services in the telemetry and telematics field
- Work with external stakeholders including clients, partners, and government regulatory bodies on areas of compliance, safety and regulatory affairs
- Bachelor’s degree in Law, Transportation or other relevant field; other relevant combinations of training and experience will be considered
- 10 years of experience in compliance and safety in the transportation industry
- Bilingualism (English/French), written and spoken, is essential
- Proven ability to work in a matrix organization
- Diligence in action planning and monitoring
- Active and proactive communication
- Strong data analysis skills
- Sense of urgency
- Basic knowledge of the various electrical and mechanical systems of heavy vehicles
- In-depth knowledge of transportation industry regulation (hours of service, etc.)
- Availability to travel to Canada and the U.S. occasionally
Contributors are at the center of ISAAC’s interests and values. This explains the numerous benefits of working at ISAAC, namely:
- varied career opportunities
- a stimulating work environment focused on innovation
- enthusiastic and collaborative teams
- competitive salaries and benefits that promote work-life balance: a complete group insurance plan, group RRSP, EAP, flexible hours, 4 weeks vacation, etc.
- various social activities, free snacks and coffee every day