PHP Symfony/Laravel Developer
- Shannon/Remote, Shannon, Ireland
- Contract: Permanent
Lawson Conner (part of IQ-EQ Group) is an award-winning investment manager platform and compliance service provider. All of Lawson Conner’s compliance products are supported by its market leading compliance software suite MaxComply.
IQ-EQ Group is a leading global investor services firm providing a comprehensive range of compliance, administration, asset and advisory services to alternative investment funds.
Joining our growing team of PHP Developers in the Republic of Ireland you will report directly to the Head of R&D as we lead the way in developing an application suite of “RegTech” software.
Working largely on a LAMP based technology stack and using Symfony framework for backend services, you will be used to working in an Agile environment, using continuous delivery to deliver high quality applications.
A day in life of a MaxComply Developer:
- Work as part of a dynamic development team on the forefront of PHP application development
- Contributing to the continuing development of the software architecture for MaxComply 2.5
- Finding code solutions to business process specifications by programming new software modules with exposure to the full technology stack
- Resolving bug fix tickets on the internally developed code base
- Liaising with superusers to identify and specify business requirements for new features
- Show an awareness of ongoing security risks and solutions
- Write well-structured and efficient code in line with SOLID principals
We are committed to building a centre of excellence of talented developers within the ROI to support our growth. Whilst there is the opportunity to work from home, you would be required to be in our Shannon office at least 2-3 times a month for you to meet up with your team and share ideas.
- Proven experience in one of the main PHP frameworks: Symfony, Laravel, Cake PHP
- Demonstrable experience in the Agile/Scrum development methodology
- Understanding of microservice approach to application development
- Knowledge of SOLID principles
- Exposure to IDE environments and Continuous Integration tools (Bitbucket, Jira etc)
- An understanding of financial compliance processes is not necessary, but a willingness to learn and understand business workflows is essential
Qualifications and Experience
- Proven commercial software development experience in PHP
- Excellent verbal and oral communication skills in English
- Enthusiasm to grow and learn from experienced colleagues
- Process oriented working style with clear goal direction and output focus
At IQ-EQ we want you to reach your full potential. We offer an inclusive and diverse environment to support your career aspirations. With a strong emphasis on continuous learning and a holistic approach to your professional and personal development. We also offer opportunities across our service lines and our international network of offices.