Senior Database Administrator
- Victoria Road, Douglas, Isle of Man
IQ EQ Group Management (Isle of Man) Limited is part of a leading Investor Services group which combines global expertise with an unwavering focus on client service delivery. We support fund managers, global companies, family offices and private clients operating worldwide.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Database Administrator to design, develop, and maintain our rapidly expanding SQL Server estate. Your responsibility is to provide technical support for the database environment including overseeing the development and organization, along with the assessment and implementation of new technologies. Your focus will be that our database systems offer the highest reliability and performance possible. Together with your colleagues you will work to achieve a state-of-the-art environment that meets current and future business objectives.
We are an International Group and you will be part of the Group IT Infrastructure team which manages the worldwide set-up. This is an outstanding opportunity for an accomplished senior DBA to join a market leading organisation build up its state-of-the-art global infrastructure.
- Masters Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- ITIL v3 Foundation
- MCSA in SQL Server Database Administration
- Last 5 years spent as DBA in the operational management and evolution of an IT infrastructure in a mission critical environment with 24/7/365 availability requirements
- MS SQL Server 2008 to 2019: Operational matters and maintenance Clustering, Replication, Logshipping, AlwaysOn, performance analysis and tuning, SSRS, SSIS, T-SQL, etc
- Oracle DB knowledge is an advantage
- Knowledge of MS PowerShell and MS SQL Extended Events
- Knowledge of virtualisation
- Knowledge of general networking and security (TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP/S, SMTP, FTP, tunnelling)
- Experience working in an ITIL based service delivery environment
At IQ EQ Group Management (Isle of Man) Limited we want you to reach your full potential. We offer an inclusive and diverse environment to support your career aspirations. With a strong emphasis on continuous learning and a holistic approach to your professional and personal development. We also offer opportunities across our service lines and our international network of offices.