Program Manager - Senior 2522
- Job - Category (Career Site): Operations
Since 2006, IOMAXIS has advanced the state of Cyber RDT&E by bringing together industry expertise in software, hardware, communications and security, and leveraging decades of operational experience to deliver exceptional value to communities and the critical missions they support. Join IOMAXIS where we innovate, develop smarter solutions, technologies, services, and actionable capabilities for our clients- right when they need it most.
IOMAXIS is seeking a Senior Program Manager with experience supporting mission critical operations to provide program management and oversight of complex technical projects. This is a full-time, hybrid position (on site w/telecommute capability). Work location is Lorton, Virginia. Express your interest today as we're now interviewing!
What You'll Be Doing
You will manage multiple projects from inception to completion and must demonstrate skills to manage complex multi-task Information Technology contracts across several functional areas. In this role you will plan, execute, monitor and control complex systems engineering projects and manage the deployment, operation and maintenance of those systems according to strict deadlines and within varied budget constraints. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the activities between the project team, matrixed resources, and vendors in order to deliver projects according to agreed upon customer requirements. You will work with senior management, corporate staff, and customer stakeholders to achieve contractual objectives and ensure that quality solutions are provided on time and within budget. You will manage financial performance and be responsible for achieving revenue and profitability goals. A technical knowledge of information systems and cyber engineering environments is preferred to manage O&M and quality assurance aspects of projects.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Manage and execute operations.
- Interface with project technical and support staff to ensure project goals and objectives are met.
- Manage cost, scope, schedule, and risk metrics for a program and/or multiple individual projects.
- Create, track, update and manage project schedules, spend plans, customer and internal reports.
- Collaborate with various stakeholders including corporate staff, technical managers, and team personnel, to help manage project tasks, deadlines, deliverables, identify required resources, and communicate status across programs.
Key tasks for this position include:
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
- Create work breakdown structures (WBS) with sufficient hierarchical decomposition to effectively manage projects.
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Estimate resources needed to achieve project goals.
- Work closely with corporate talent acquisition to identify personnel needs, write job requisitions and interview candidates.
- Manage certain aspects of program financials including revenue, cost, profitability, days sales outstanding, budgeting and forecasting.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Review project deliverables to ensure they meet quality and contractual requirements and are delivered on time.
- Submit purchase requisitions, review purchase orders, manage inventory and material budgets.
- Develop and deliver progress reports and presentations.
- Assist with proposal development including both technical and price volumes.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify risks, and devise mitigation and contingency plans.
- Conduct project post mortems and create after action report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management and share lessons learned with peers.
- Identify and develop organic growth opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree (technical major preferred).
- TS Clearance required.
- Ten (10) years of experience in Information Technology Program Management.
- Ten or more years of project management, business process and systems engineering experience.
- Working technical knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience working with varied contract types (such as FFP, T&M, FFP-LOE, and CPFF, or Other Transactional Authorities).
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, needs and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Self-directed and proactive; able to think beyond the immediate problem.
- PMP certification, preferred.
- Strong familiarity with project management software, such as Microsoft Project.
- Experience using the Atlassian suite (JIRA and Confluence).
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Experience with the DOD or Intelligence Community.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer we consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status.