Software Developer - UI
- Victoria, BC, Canada
Ingrooves is a leading global music marketing and distribution company. We provide labels and artists with a global team of experts and a powerful technology framework, giving them transparent distribution tools and marketing solutions to maximize revenue in today’s dynamic music marketplace. By embracing data science and continually updating its offerings, Ingrooves is redefining the modern music company.
A UI Developer is passionate about user interface and how it relates to the user’s experience with a product. As a developer, you deliver simple, clean code that is tested and testable. You carefully evaluate and communicate the merits and costs of design choices, not only on how it impacts the user but also how it impacts implementation and architecture. You are always looking for better ways to design and develop user interfaces.
As a member of the software development team, you will be designing, prototyping, and delivering scalable solutions in an agile environment. You will be responsible for contributing to individual products, the core software platform, and for meeting the commitments that your team agrees on.
The successful candidate reports to the Manager, Software Development and/or the VP of Software Development and will be based in Victoria, BC.
- Work as part of a team to deliver quality software from inception to production in an agile environment
- Work closely with design & product team to implement mockups and user workflows
- Write high-quality code that satisfies our customer’s needs, striving for simplicity, clarity and testability
- Participate in and solicit code reviews, accepting and offering timely and constructive criticism that helps us prevent defects
- Proactively report and fix defects
- Document solutions and processes
- Participate in the Agile Scrum development process
- Follow code quality, unit testing, and documentation standards
- Working experience with a major single-page app framework (React, Vue, Angular)
- Experience with other JS ecosystem staples (Node.js, Express, Swagger) is a plus
- Experience developing against RESTful or JSON-RPC based APIs
- Familiarity with Git and related branching workflows
- Familiarity with UI prototyping tools such as InVision or Figma
- Exposure to other development disciplines (back-end or mobile development) is a plus
- Experience with software development lifecycle, TDD, and Agile development practices
- Comfortable working in both Linux and Windows environments
- Positive attitude, reliable, self-motivated, team player with excellent communication skills
Success at Ingrooves
The successful candidate aligns with the Ingrooves culture by being solution-oriented, collaborative, leveraging best practices, and possessing a passion for both technology and music.
The successful candidate will be open-minded, with a natural curiosity of their internal and external customers, delivery oriented with an understanding of the product development process. Builds and fosters strong relationships and effective partnerships with cross-functional teams.
Executing for Results
The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to generate and translate strategic plans into actions with timely execution and accountability.
Establishes and maintains positive working relationships, operates with integrity, influences and supports others, and remains open to ideas.
The successful candidate will be tenacious and self-motivated and have a demonstrable record of resolving issues and providing effective solutions. Demonstrates an eagerness and ability to learn quickly and leverages a flexible mindset in response to shifting dynamics, adversity and/or change.
Why work with us?
We are passionate about developing dynamic solutions in a relaxed and engaged environment. Our people matter! And we have a fun, flexible working environment (with great views, among other perks)!