UI Developer - Marketing Technology
- Victoria, BC, Canada
Ingrooves is a leading global music marketing and distribution company. We provide labels and artists with a global team of experts and a powerful technology framework, giving them transparent distribution tools and marketing solutions to maximize revenue in today’s dynamic music marketplace. By embracing data science and continually updating its offerings, Ingrooves is redefining the modern music company.
A UI Developer is passionate about user interface and how it relates to the user’s experience with a product. As a developer, you deliver simple, clean code that is tested and testable. You carefully evaluate and communicate the merits and costs of design choices, not only on how it impacts the user but also how it impacts implementation and architecture. You are comfortable working in multiple programming languages. You are always looking for better ways to design and develop user interfaces.
As a member of the software development team, you will be designing, prototyping, and delivering scalable solutions in an agile environment. You will be responsible for contributing to individual products, the core software platform, and for meeting the commitments that your team agrees on.
The successful candidate reports to the Manager, Software Development and/or the VP of Software Development and will be based in Victoria.
- Work as part of a team to deliver quality software from inception to production
- Write, test, document, and review code in multiple programming languages and frameworks
- Investigate, troubleshoot and solve issues discovered throughout the software release cycle from development to production
- Experience with complex data visualizations and DV libraries
- Intimately familiar with established UI/UX best practices
- Create and refine user interface mockups and wireframes with prototypes
- Positive attitude, reliable, self-motivated, team player with excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle, TDD, and Agile development practices. Experience with source control (git or svn) is required and having worked with Continuous Integration environments as part of your workflow is a plus
- A strong and demonstrable portfolio of user interface or UI component concepts. Knowledge of best practices for composing user interfaces, and creativity to find solutions for unique presentation problems
Success at Ingrooves
The successful candidate aligns with the Ingrooves culture by being solution-oriented, collaborative, leveraging best practices, and possessing a passion for both technology and music.
The successful candidate will be open-minded, with a natural curiosity of their internal and external customers, delivery oriented with an understanding of the product development process. Builds and fosters strong relationships and effective partnerships with cross-functional teams.
Executing for Results
The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to generate and translate strategic plans into actions with timely execution and accountability.
Establishes and maintains positive working relationships, operates with integrity, influences and supports others, and remains open to ideas.
The successful candidate will be tenacious and self-motivated and have a demonstrable record of resolving issues and providing effective solutions. Demonstrates an eagerness and ability to learn quickly and leverages a flexible mindset in response to shifting dynamics, adversity and/or change.
Why work with us?
We are passionate about developing dynamic solutions in a relaxed and engaged environment. Our people matter! And we have a fun, flexible working environment (with great views, among other perks)!